Tikka/KRG Bravo Question

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you with the Tikka/KRG bravo setup, how many of you are running that stock with the OE barrel? And if so, does it throw the balance way off to the rear of the rifle, or does it still balance ok? I enjoy the OE stock with the vertical grip, so not sure the bravo is going to be that much of an upgrade for a range/hunting rifle.

Curiosity usually kills the cat in my house, so odds are good I'll order one anyway and sell if I don't like the balance.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure you will get mixed feelings on it. The bravo might be my favorite stock/chassis that I have. I have a brand new manners eh1 sitting in my safe, but I can't get myself to take the barreled action out of the bravo. I currently have an oe stock with vertical grip, mcmillan game scout, and an eh1. And I've previously owned a manners t6a, t3, two xlr elements. The bravo might be the most comfortable for me. But it's all personal preference.

Macintosh

WKR
It IS a pound or more heavier than the plastic t3x stocks, and that weight is all amidships or at the butt, so yes, it will absolutely shift weight rearward a bit especially with a lighter contour barrel. Question is whether it's enough to be a problem for you. You could probably do some stuff to adjust a little, but I think reality is it was designed for folks putting a much heavier and fairly long barrel on it who are looking for a heavier gun that balances in front of the magwell--at that point many people add weights to adjust balance as well as simply adding weight for recoil, stability, etc.

SouthPaw

WKR
I have the Bravo on two hunting Tikkas, one with 20" OE Lite barrel, one with 24" carbon proof. I find they balance just fine for hunting. The added weight and superior ergonomics over the factory stock make the rifles noticeably more shootable for me personally as a smaller framed shooter.

If you're one who really cares about how your rifle looks, you may think the thin OE barrel looks goofy in the wide Bravo.

ljalberta

WKR
As noted. OE barrel looks kinda funny, but the rifle shoots great. No issues on balance for me.

I just put a stainless 6.5 cm in a bravo. my blued 22in 30.06 is 8 lbs 12oz and stainless 24 inch 6.5cm is 10lbs 1oz so there's a weight difference. Both with T0-84s and 25 oz tenmile scopes I was going to set it up like my 30.06 (limbsaver air tech, vertical grip, Bradley cheek riser, gun skin) but I was over halfway to a bravo cost wise so I just made the jump. Doesn't really feel anything majorly different balancewise, just a touch heavier but I havent sighted it in or taken it into the field yet so take that fwiw. I got a hunt though in a month to try it out

PXL_20230210_032355501.jpg

bigbuckdj

WKR
I just put a stainless 6.5 cm in a bravo. my blued 22in 30.06 is 8 lbs 12oz and stainless 24 inch 6.5cm is 10lbs 1oz so there's a weight difference. Both with T0-84s and 25 oz tenmile scopes I was going to set it up like my 30.06 (limbsaver air tech, vertical grip, Bradley cheek riser, gun skin) but I was over halfway to a bravo cost wise so I just made the jump. Doesn't really feel anything majorly different balancewise, just a touch heavier but I havent sighted it in or taken it into the field yet so take that fwiw. I got a hunt though in a month to try it out

View attachment 514715
Are those the 3-18x44s? I was wondering if those would work with t084s, looks like they barely clear. Are those slid forward to clean the barrel?

Are those the 3-18x44s? I was wondering if those would work with t084s, looks like they barely clear. Are those slid forward to clean the barrel?
They are 4x24x 50 tenmiles and yea all the way forward. Ive always shot with my scopes forward just kind of works for me.

Attachments

• PXL_20230211_042648481.jpg
    PXL_20230211_042648481.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 34

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Bravo chassis but it is definitely rear heavy.
Not so much that it’s unwieldy but the rifles balance point will likely end up right on the magazine.

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 20” CTR in a Bravo and never noticed an issue with balance. Perhaps the thicker barrel contour mitigates any perceived rear heaviness of the chassis.