Tikka Barrel Swap Question

Gorp2007

WKR
As I've been waiting for my SWFA 3-9 to ship, I decided to kill time by snagging a new (to me) barrel for my Tikka T3 off the classifieds. My Tikka is a T3 in 30-06 and I'm spinning on a 6.5CM barrel from a CTR. I put the barrel on and it closes on a Go gauge and won't close on a No Go gauge, but all the barrel markings are about 180 degrees off. On the one hand, the tools that are actually designed to confirm headspace are telling me it's fine. On the other hand, I've never done this before and that doesn't look quite right.

Is this something to worry about, or am I pole vaulting over mouse turds?

6829535e16c18ba212ff71bebfe1cda3.jpg

OP
G

Gorp2007

WKR
Thanks everyone for easing my mind! Took it to the range this afternoon and it shot great. Now I see how a person can end up with a whole collection of Tikka barrels.

OP
G

Gorp2007

WKR
I've got a 25-06 barrel with all the goodies to reload for it listed in the classifieds...
😁😉
The classifieds just got a whole lot more tempting. I'm seriously debating sending one of my standard bolts off to get opened up so I can start buying barrels for magnum cartridges I don't need.

sndmn11

WKR
The classifieds just got a whole lot more tempting. I'm seriously debating sending one of my standard bolts off to get opened up so I can start buying barrels for magnum cartridges I don't need.

I think there are some cool mag face wildcats-ish that would fit well in a Tikka action. A 25wssm might be neat or the SAUM cases.