TIKKA 300WSM TO 300WIN

Wondering if anyone has swapped barrels on a Tikka short mag, I ordered a factory tikka barrel in 300win to solve my ammo/brass issue. the Tikka action should accept the 300 win I believe. just curious if anyones done it? I should have never bought the WSM!

SouthPaw

WKR
You'll need a long action bolt stop and long action magazine, otherwise it will work fine. If you handload you'll be limited on COAL with heavier bullets.

OP
SierraNVplgrm
@SouthPaw Cool, I actually had a LA bolt stop and LA mag installed from mountain tactical cause I was having feeding issues with the Wsm's after I bought one of their magazines.

OP
SierraNVplgrm
You'll need a long action bolt stop and long action magazine, otherwise it will work fine. If you handload you'll be limited on COAL with heavier bullets.
looks like my 5-6 round LA mag from mountain tactical might be slightly short to run win mags. looks like they have some other LA mags on their website that should accept them, looks like there all out of stock though!

jeff.s

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
This is Jeff with Mountain Tactical. All you need to do is go with our long action bolt stop. Both our bolt stops and mags should be back in stock in a couple of weeks.

OP
SierraNVplgrm
This is Jeff with Mountain Tactical. All you need to do is go with our long action bolt stop. Both our bolt stops and mags should be back in stock in a couple of weeks.
Thanks Jeff! I got the barrel swapped, bolt stop, and La mag. She’s a shooter!