Thoughts on sheep prep

DuckDogDr

WKR
3-4 years out. Yes I need that long to train lol. I have lived a sedentary life style the past few years. This weekend’s hunt has really gotten me motivated.. partly I’m tired of how I feel compared to what I used to vs how I look.
I really have a hard time physically enjoying what I used to do, and I’m also worried about impending health problems if I don’t get a handle on things. I legitimately need to loose 80 lbs .

Monday - 3-4 mile walk / jog
PM- chest and triceps

Tues back biceps am
Pm Jiu Jitsu followed by walk

Wednesday- sprints / jump rope
Pm .legs and shoulders (squats / calf raises / incline treadmill)

Thursday- 3-4 mile walk / jog
Pm Jiu Jitsu followed with weights

Friday : try for a 1.5 mile run
Back biceps

Saturday- either a 5 mile hike (hills thrown in) with 15-20 lbs or swim laps
Squats and calf raises

Sunday - something

*zap*

WKR
just keep at it and do not quit no matter what....pause and re-group if necessary but never quit.

alter your program as necessary but never quit.

Last edited:

sargent

WKR
I think you are on the right track by taking the long view rather than trying to cram all your training into the spring/summer before your hunt. IMO going from a sedentary lifestyle to two-a-day workouts six days a week is a bit much and may cause you to burn out or become injured. Remember, stress+rest=adaptation. Don't overlook your diet as a part of your training program. uphillathlete.com is a great resource for those looking to improve their performance in the mountains. Good luck and have fun!

T28w

WKR
I think you are on the right track by taking the long view rather than trying to cram all your training into the spring/summer before your hunt. IMO going from a sedentary lifestyle to two-a-day workouts six days a week is a bit much and may cause you to burn out or become injured. Remember, stress+rest=adaptation. Don't overlook your diet as a part of your training program. uphillathlete.com is a great resource for those looking to improve their performance in the mountains. Good luck and have fun!
I agree. Slow and steady otherwise injuries become much more likely. Depending on your home life, that schedule my be tough to maintain.

The more variety you have the better. This is what got me into triathlons, got tired of just running so started swimming and biking. Plus swimming and biking are much less wear and tear.