Thoughts on 7 PRC case vs 6 UM

GoatPackr

WKR
I'm looking at a 6mm biuld. Have talked to UM and am undecided.

I have wild cat experience so everything that goes along with the 6 UM doesn't scare me.

It's my understanding they are also building a 6-7 PRC.
Is that case something that would be worth improving such as an AI. I'm not familiar with the particular design of the 7 PRC case. I'm pretty sure they are using the case as is to keep it simple. I'd have no problem asking for an improved version if it has room in the shoulder and case taper.

Planning to biuld on a Tikka and RokStock.

Kris

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I'm looking at a 6mm biuld. Have talked to UM and am undecided.

I have wild cat experience so everything that goes along with the 6 UM doesn't scare me.

It's my understanding they are also building a 6-7 PRC.
Is that case something that would be worth improving such as an AI. I'm not familiar with the particular design of the 7 PRC case. I'm pretty sure they are using the case as is to keep it simple. I'd have no problem asking for an improved version if it has room in the shoulder and case taper.

Planning to biuld on a Tikka and RokStock.

Kris

Improving the 6-7PRC won’t get you much at all. Thats already pretty close to the limit for any current 6mm bullet. If there were a proper 115gr to 120gr tipped bullet, it would be different.

Odd1out

FNG
Improving should help with slowing brass growth. Also some say the steeper shoulder helps with throat erosion. Should feed smoother also

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

OP
G

GoatPackr

WKR
So the PRC pretty much has all the high performance mods right from the get go?

The reason I'm leaning on it is cheaper dies and brass. Just drop a 6mm bushing in a 7mm PRC bushing die and off you go.

I'm not worried about about speed limits. I don't limit myself to jacketed bullets that have speed and twist limits. More speed the better.

Kris

3300 vs 3400fps (as 6.5s) with factory pills?

The 26 nosler and 6.5-300 weatherby case have the same h20 capacity. Weatherby just put a longer throat in it so it can burn more powder at the same pressure. Can put whatever throat you want in a wildcat.

So in that case, i'd choose the one that uses the shorter case without the goofy shoulders and a belt.

robtattoo

WKR
The 26 nosler and 6.5-300 weatherby case have the same h20 capacity. Weatherby just put a longer throat in it so it can burn more powder at the same pressure. Can put whatever throat you want in a wildcat.

So in that case, i'd choose the one that uses the shorter case without the goofy shoulders and a belt.

Ahhhhh...... then I stand corrected. I thought the -3000 case was bigger.

Ahhhhh...... then I stand corrected. I thought the -3000 case was bigger.
I totally might be misremembering.. I see 93 grains h20 listed for the 26 and 98 for the bee but nosler always lists their shit by "useable".. Thought the nosler cases hovered around 100 grains h20 capacity as well because a 300wm can get up to 95 grains.