Thoughts of Badlands 2200

Hi Guys,

I am from Australia and don't know to much about the Badlands brand I have been looking at the 2200 and would like to know your opinion.
The Deer are big here so I need something that can carry some weight.

This is what I am thinking about Badlands Backpack

Wassid82

WKR
I've had that backpack and loved it while hunting. It was the quiet pack I've ever had due to the material and it was the perfect amount of space for my late season hunts. But I got rid of it......after one pack job for elk. I usually have to pack out animals on my pack a couple of miles. I had packed out two deer without it being too much of an issue but elk was a different story.

I had an earlier generation of the same pack. It’s a great pack if your going light on gear and don’t have a real long/heavy pack out. I liked it for day trips, but for that price I think you can find a pack that would carry meat better and be just as versatile for whatever you’re doing. JMO.

Marble

WKR
Several in my hunting party have and still use the 2200. But for day pack use only. Not for carrying weight. You'll be sorry.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Tgun46

FNG
Agree with all of the above, I’ve had one for 10 years or so. Loved the pack until an animal was on the ground, it’ll get the job done but it’s not comfortable. Every time I’ve had to take a load out with it I’ve told myself I need to get something better, it started falling apart last year. I’ll be looking at a new pack with better hauling capabilities.

How tough are you? It's a decent pack, very versatile, a bit heavy empty. I've had two now, I absolutely destroyed the first one and BL sent me a new one. I've seen deals for $100.00 I wouldn't pay more than $150.

Real world experience, I've hauled countless elk out with it, sheep, goats, deer, blinds, turkeys etc. It will work, and is the pack I still use but you have to know it's not built to haul 100 lb loads. I can pack a elk hind quarter out with it, and have done so a lot. I get back to camp, and just decide to keep using it to take the rest out. There are better packs, but I simply keep using it.

Similar to above, I like it for a day pa k but it didn’t haul heavy weights well for me. For several years I used the BL 2200 while hunting and then switched to a pack frame while hauling meat.

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Had one. The quality is great, but considering that you stated that you want to carry some weight and you have Sambar in your user name, I don’t recommend this pack for your intended use.
I packed out a few Chital stags, fallow bucks and red stags with it (I’m an Aussie that usually spend every 2nd month in USA) and they were tough enough, even on relatively flat ground. As soon as I got my first bull elk packed out and in the cool room, I walked into Kifaru and ordered a frame and a couple of bags. I kept the 2200 for a while, used it smacking pigs in Cape York etc where I wasn’t packing anything out, but have since sold it due to lack of use.
As some have said, you can do it with the 2200, but why make things more difficult for yourself. Difficult can also equal dangerous on the side of a mountain the backcountry with loads shifting...