Thin Fluted Barrels vs Carbon Barrels on factory rifles?

Choupique

WKR
Melvin does full length bed his rifles. I think that done right its a good thing. Basically the stock and barrel become one piece which should help dampen everything out. Supposedly his rifles shoot different loads to same POI better than most, and that probably contributes along with just being a well made rifle in the first place.

Boonie327

FNG
Melvin does full length bed his rifles. I think that done right its a good thing. Basically the stock and barrel become one piece which should help dampen everything out. Supposedly his rifles shoot different loads to same POI better than most, and that probably contributes along with just being a well made rifle in the first place.
You are correct. There were studies at the university on how the POI didn't change, and it basically came down to his stock being stiffer than the barrel and it acting as one. While talking to Melvin about the attempts to mass produce a version of his rifle, he said one thing that I thought was funny. Paraphrasing him, he said "all these guys making barrels think they're making the most important part of the rifle, and make it more complicated than it needs to be. I keep trying to tell them all it needs to do is make the bullet spin. I will take care of the rest."

That being said, he likes Douglas Barrels and speaks highly of them, but had to ultimately use Shaw and Bulldog on the Forbes rifle.