The "tired" elk is back... question for you all

I you killed this bull, would your shoulder mount include the tire?

• Total voters

SonnyDay

WKR

"The animal was first spotted in 2019, by a CPW officer who was conducting a sheep count in the Mount Evans Wilderness. The officer was unable to help the elk that day due to the distance they were away from the animal and lack of on-hand resources."

Discuss... and vote!

No frontal shot there with a bow. Lol. But the real question is, if you shoot the bull is it littering if you leave the tire in the woods.

DerkPerk

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t believe the elk hasn’t lost the tire over the winter months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecw

FNG
So they had tools to cut his antlers off but those same tools weren’t capable of cutting through the steel belts of the tire. Confusing.

So they had tools to cut his antlers off but those same tools weren’t capable of cutting through the steel belts of the tire. Confusing.

That's a great point. I assume they knocked him out why couldn't they cut the tire?

Moserkr

WKR
First off, Id shoot the bull. Then Id debone and pack that meat into the tire. Roll it back to the truck, and for sure get that tire mounted on him.

Exactly. Pictures in the article show them using a sawzall. Any decent blade should be able to cut a tire with a little effort. Maybe it was safer to just cut the antlers instead of trying to cut the tire close to his neck.
Either way it’s kind of interesting to see how much effort went into just tracking this bull down because of a tire.