The North Face Dolomite 40 - Anyone Tried It

Jauwater

WKR
I've been looking for an inexpensive rectangular bag in the 40-50 degree range, and seen REI is selling it for $80. Thinking of picking one up. Kind of curious about its compressibility. Information online about it is vague. Anyone have one that can speak on its size compressed? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Jacob

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

mechengr

FNG
I've had a Dolomite 20 bag for 8 or so years. With a proper compression bag it actually compressed down to 2/3 the size of the stuffsack it came in. Weighs 5 lbs though and is much larger than other comparable bags. I'll most likely be upgrading before heading west this fall.

If 40-50 range is all you're looking for it will probably serve you well. They seem to be pretty good quality for the price

OP
Jauwater

Jauwater

WKR
I've had a Dolomite 20 bag for 8 or so years. With a proper compression bag it actually compressed down to 2/3 the size of the stuffsack it came in. Weighs 5 lbs though and is much larger than other comparable bags. I'll most likely be upgrading before heading west this fall.

If 40-50 range is all you're looking for it will probably serve you well. They seem to be pretty good quality for the price
I went ahead and picked one up. The Dolomite 40. It weights in a 2.5lbs, and fits in a HPG 8.12 stuff sack compressed pretty tight. Really comfortable bag. Heading out tomorrow to give it a try.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk