The future of NR hunting in Wyoming

Ain't nothing wrong with an IPA.

345ddd9eaaecd793e6b44e8b9bc2c621.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sitting on a few Antelope and mule deer points, Trespass hunt lined up for 2023 season. If tags are drawn will be my last trip to Wyoming. Getting to the point that even a DIY hunt is too expensive with travel and associated costs. Beautiful country and everyone I have met have been great and friendly, but after next year will call it quits tired of getting dicked bye the dog so to speak.

Anyway- after the increases are put in place I expect that I (like many others) will be done with Wyoming hunting and fishing as soon as I use my accumulated points.

I've enjoyed Wyoming, the scenery is beautiful, and for the most part the people have been friendly and welcoming. I've been happy to spend money there as often as we get to hunt there,- however, I can fill my freezer with a variety of local game and spend all season doing it for a lot less than what they are proposing for the increased tag costs. Total, I'll save as much as 5k a year not hunting Wyoming (after the tag increases). 5k buys a heck of a charter fishing trip/vacation.
5K buys a lot of quality beef ,pork and Alaskan fishing trip !

CJ19

WKR
What would fix all these problems is adding another 2-3 million hunters applying to Wyoming. More hunters is better, that’s what we’ve been told.

See how stupid that sounds.
The reality is, it’s going to get harder and more expensive to get tags. Try to plan accordingly.

Now now. The people who are telling us that are just in the biz bc they love public land. Never made a dime or any other financial benefit filming their hunts and promoting it to the masses in order to sell sponsorships.

Ralphie

WKR
Now now. The people who are telling us that are just in the biz bc they love public land. Never made a dime or any other financial benefit filming their hunts and promoting it to the masses in order to sell sponsorships.

Just use promo code...

Wyobull

FNG
HB 0200 made it back from the dead......It failed the first time, Sommers brought it back again. If you followed any of it the first time you know where it comes from and who benefits.

Kodiak06

FNG
You can take "WY" out of the topic, every state in the West has had an influx of NR hunters and there's no fix other than limited tags, which is fine. You will not price NR tags to the point of no one buying them. You could price out the average Joe but the big money guys are here to stay. It would really suck for most hunters to make it a rich mans game, especially taking that chance from the younger guys/gals

Kodiak06

FNG
Nah, its the fault of narcissistic people posting their grip n grins on Instagram and Facebook trying to show everyone how alpha they are. Also Joe Rogan, Cam Haines, etc....and all their flatbill, IPA drinking, "not looking for your honeyhole" followers who want to do something manly for once in their life and present themselves as "great white hunters"/Bwanas.
Elk hunting's more crowded in the PNW due to the Born and Raised crew and a couple other youtubers. Since their frontal shot videos, I see guys tracking elk with bad hits more than usual and when ya ask where they hit, frontal shot has been the answer a few too many times. Deadly shot BUT, is the archer capable? no clue.