Thanks for the leukotape.

mww982

WKR
After hunting I ran into Glenwood Springs to see if REI had any leukotape since the KT tape I was using was awful. I got to the store just as they were locking up. Another gentleman in his truck outside the store could tell that I was hurting and asked what I was looking for. I told him that I was looking for some leukotape and he told me that he had plenty and let me take some of his. He ended up being a fellow Rokslider but for the life of me, I cannot remember what his user name is. If you read this, thank you again as it made a world of difference in my hunt. Unfortunately neither my hunting partner were able to connect on an elk this year but it was a blast of a hunt.

Thank you again my friend for your help and happy hunting!

harge57

Lil-Rokslider
Its the greatest stuff in the world. However after wearing mine for a few weeks the first year I developed an extreme allergy to its adhesive. I wish I could still use it because there is no other alternative that works as well.

JohnB

WKR
Its the greatest stuff in the world. However after wearing mine for a few weeks the first year I developed an extreme allergy to its adhesive. I wish I could still use it because there is no other alternative that works as well.
That happens to me every once in a while too! Super annoying. I still keep the stuff around for emergencies but I can no longer slap some on and let it sit for a week without getting some weird mini blisters that itch like an SOB.

ToolMann

WKR
Agree on the KT tape. Love the normal stuff for my knees but the blister prevention stuff comes off way too easy. Works while it is on though

I used a lot of KT tape on my CO Elk hunt last week and it did a great job. It was nice to see the KT tape take a beating and not my feet.

Excuse my ignorance but why are so many folks on this thread using Leuko tape or kt tape for blisters instead of moleskin? I’ve never used anything but moleskin since that’s what our football trainers used if we got hotspots from cleats.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Excuse my ignorance but why are so many folks on this thread using Leuko tape or kt tape for blisters instead of moleskin? I’ve never used anything but moleskin since that’s what our football trainers used if we got hotspots from cleats.
It doesn't come off and can last the entire trip.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

FishfinderAK

Lil-Rokslider
That happens to me every once in a while too! Super annoying. I still keep the stuff around for emergencies but I can no longer slap some on and let it sit for a week without getting some weird mini blisters that itch like an SOB.

Yup same exact experience here. Super bummer cause I love(ed) the stuff. But now to scared to try it again unless it’s an emergency.

R-K

FNG
A WEEK?! Good lord, swap it out and let the skin air dry for a while. That's probably a fungus from the persistent moisture on the skin- think early-stage trenchfoot.

grfox92

WKR
It doesn't come off and can last the entire trip.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
This. You can put Leuko tape on, on the beginning of a 10 day hunt and it will not move or start to peel. After 10 days you can grab an edge and it will peel right off. Amazing stuff. I went for a hunt yesterday without taping my heels and immediately started feeling a Hotspot on my heel when we got into the steep stuff. I stopped and put on one layer of leuko tape and forgot all about it.

It's amazing how that thin layer stops blisters.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

JohnB

WKR
A WEEK?! Good lord, swap it out and let the skin air dry for a while. That's probably a fungus from the persistent moisture on the skin- think early-stage trenchfoot.
Not a chance that was the problem. I used to be able to keep my heels taped for an entire trip and now have itchy allergic reactions even when the tape is on for 6 hours. Hands or feet it will minorly blister and itch like an SOB for a couple of days.

Rock-o

WKR

Yeah, I usually take it off overnight to let the area breath.

Rock-o

WKR

I've tried Moleskin and for me it doesn't stay put and in some cases it has come off. Leukotape just works.

Cj0n3s12

FNG
Just recently read about this and that it’s better than moleskin.. Will have to give it a try

Trackselk

WKR
A better alternative I learned from a firefighter, is liner socks. I have pointy heels that blister and eat the insides of boots. Add the cheap polyester REI liner socks and I'm 100% blister free since I started using them about 7 years ago! The only downside is they stink just like any polyester base layer, but feet-stink. I haven't tried the silk or wool blends. I just try to bring enough to have a pair each day. After they've aired out for a few days, especially if you get them a little sun, then a second use isn't too funky. Run a big smart wool mountaineering or cabelas wool (knee high?) Sock over the top of them and you can forget about blisters. Any thick sock over the top will do, and it keeps your wool socks cleaner. Giving the wool socks a day or two to air out will give them 3 days worth of use without getting funky, and keeps them gliding smooth as they're not too saturated in body oil...
I hope this helps, it has been a game changer for me and 2 hunting buddies. No more fancy boot lacing required either!

Wyobow1

FNG
Agree with everyone here. This stuff is amazing! Recommend wrapping a bit of it on a trekking pole among with duck tape and electrical tape.