Thank you Form I’m now a mk12 believer

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had the itch for a mk12 for a while and after reading another thread with form’s recommendation of a mk12 mod 0 I decided to take the plunge and pick up a pri upper.

Well I just got back from the range with it and all I can say is wow I’m impressed! I packed a few cheap 55gr to get on paper and then black hills 77 tmk, aac 77 smk, and aac tmk. All shot to basically the same poa. I didn’t do any break in just initial lube and ran the trigger bout as fast as I could get settled for next shot.

Only gripe I do have with this rifle is the ops inc brake is LOUD. My OCM5 needs to get out of jail soon. And if it shrinks the groups as much as I’ve heard they do on these rifles it may well be in top 3 most accurate rifles I own.

If you’re on the fence about one of these uppers just do it.

IMG_8879.jpeg
Black hills
IMG_8948.jpeg

Aac tmk over aac smk
IMG_8950.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8879.jpeg
    IMG_8879.jpeg
    403.7 KB · Views: 64

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I’ve had the itch for a mk12 for a while and after reading another thread with form’s recommendation of a mk12 mod 0 I decided to take the plunge and pick up a pri upper.

Well I just got back from the range with it and all I can say is wow I’m impressed! I packed a few cheap 55gr to get on paper and then black hills 77 tmk, aac 77 smk, and aac tmk. All shot to basically the same poa. I didn’t do any break in just initial lube and ran the trigger bout as fast as I could get settled for next shot.

Only gripe I do have with this rifle is the ops inc brake is LOUD. My OCM5 needs to get out of jail soon. And if it shrinks the groups as much as I’ve heard they do on these rifles it may well be in top 3 most accurate rifles I own.

View attachment 757466
Black hills
View attachment 757461

Aac tmk over aac smk
View attachment 757462

Good to see. They really are more than the sum of their parts.

View attachment 757466
Black hills
View attachment 757461

Aac tmk over aac smk
View attachment 757462

Can you do me a massive favor.

Shoot two groups back to back and change pressures into the gun. Say one pretty heavy into the bipod and one pretty slack

I seen a pretty massive shift in impact with most of my traditional style free float hand guards (urx4, mk16, mk8, bcm qrf, etc etc) The worst was a few years back with a KAC ras hand guard on a mod 1 build. Always attributed it to operator error or slow lock time. Groups are tight, but across the board you can influence group shift fairly easily. Off the sandbags on a bench she’s tidy, but in the field 2moa is hard to hold.

Ledzep a ballistician at hornady commented on the ‘hide about how his seekins (a semi monolithic hand guard) would exhibit a .5 mil shift vertically depending on shooting position. He was 2nd in the gas gun division of prs last year so it’s not “he can’t drive a gasser”

The mod 0 top rail might lock it all in tight enough to mitigate this phenomena.

Either way sweet looking rifle. Love a mod 0, makes me want to sell off my KAC ras mock 1 and built a mod 0

Reactions: NSI

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Can you do me a massive favor.

Shoot two groups back to back and change pressures into the gun. Say one pretty heavy into the bipod and one pretty slack

I seen a pretty massive shift in impact with most of my traditional style free float hand guards (urx4, mk16, mk8, bcm qrf, etc etc) The worst was a few years back with a KAC ras hand guard on a mod 1 build. Always attributed it to operator error or slow lock time. Groups are tight, but across the board you can influence group shift fairly easily. Off the sandbags on a bench she’s tidy, but in the field 2moa is hard to hold.

Ledzep a ballistician at hornady commented on the ‘hide about how his seekins (a semi monolithic hand guard) would exhibit a .5 mil shift vertically depending on shooting position. He was 2nd in the gas gun division of prs last year so it’s not “he can’t drive a gasser”

The mod 0 top rail might lock it all in tight enough to mitigate this phenomena.

Either way sweet looking rifle. Love a mod 0, makes me want to sell off my KAC ras mock 1 and built a mod 0

POI shift due forend/barrel nut shift is real. MK12 Mod 0’s are far less effected than most setups.

Reactions: NSI
That MK12 sounds like a solid choice! Glad to hear it's performing so well, and once the OCM5 arrives, it'll only get better. Enjoy it!

Beautiful rifle, would love to get PRI upper one of these days when the economy gets better. I thought I read Allen Engineering quit making suppressors due to maybe owner retiring or something along those lines.