Texas FNG

ETX-Tyler

FNG
Hello all,
FNG from Texas. Grew up whitetail rifle hunting in East Texas. Picked up archery in 2018. First DIY public land trip last year with a cousin that's been into western hunting a few years and that was an eye opening experience.

Already reading so many great threads on here. Looking forward to learning.

-Tyler

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
ETX-Tyler

ETX-Tyler

FNG
Welcome ! I love hunting Texas Axis deer .
Crazy enough I have never taken one. Seen plenty while driving around. Eaten plenty of them and they are some of the best eating venison I've experienced.

OP
ETX-Tyler

ETX-Tyler

FNG
Yes they are , I've hunted at the Baker3 Ranch a couple times , great place .
I killed my first deer just west of junction at 12 years old. Thats not too far from Baker3 by West Texas distance standards.

WTSN

FNG
Similar story for me. Texas FNG. Started some western hunting around 2015 and I’m loving the contrast from what I’ve done my whole life in Texas. Although I think western hunting has strengthened my appreciation for a lot our Texas opportunities. I’m not trying to make one be the other just appreciating the drastic differences

G19X

FNG
I'm in south Texas. Still getting my feet wet, learning from more experienced guys. Western hunting is but a dream right now.