Tents above 8000' October/November Colorado

Dammlm

FNG
I plan on staying at 8000' or above for one of the late season rifle hunts in Colorado this year. I have a Hilleberg Nallo3 GT. I love the tent but have never had it out that late in the year. I have a warm bag and plenty of warm gear. Does not having a stove tent mean the end of the world? Who's done it or who likes to do it?

ureyes

FNG
Not the end of the world.... just the end of comfort. I stayed at 10k for 2 weeks and it got down to 18 at night. A good bag and staying dry are key. But not being able to dry boots and socks on a stove did suck. Boots were ice chunks come am. Sleep with your long johns, socks and first layer in the bag... at least they will be warm when you wake.... lol. Good luck

I plan on staying at 8000' or above for one of the late season rifle hunts in Colorado this year. I have a Hilleberg Nallo3 GT. I love the tent but have never had it out that late in the year. I have a warm bag and plenty of warm gear. Does not having a stove tent mean the end of the world? Who's done it or who likes to do it?

Who needs a stove? I just hang loose man. LOL

Last edited: