Tell me about the western winds

JA03

FNG
I’ve been a member here for a long time and I posted this on another forum so I figured I’d cross post it. Not looking for anyone’s spot, or even unit just some general info.
I’ve been hunting western Wyoming for quite a few years however I’ve only driven by the winds and never got out and stomped around. Trying to do some research and locate the elk habitat in the western side is of the winds and it looks quite different from the country I’ve been in up around Yellowstone or down near alpine. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It looks like a ton of alpine, glaciated granite stuff. Do the elk spend time up that high? Doesn’t look to be much for feed for elk or even horses but tons of water. I’ve even done some scouting via YouTube hiking videos, it appears that people see more moose than elk and the foot traffic appears pretty heavy throughout the year. I’m aware of the wilderness and grizz. Thanks in advance roksliders!

waitforit

Lil-Rokslider
Very windy in my experience. In fact, we had a 2am tent evac and takedown on my last trip...

;)

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Sounds like you are close enough to get off the computer and gets boots on the ground. There is zero replacement for learning an area on foot.