TBAC CB Compatible Muzzle Devices?

atrouth

FNG
Does anyone know if there are other companies making CB compatible muzzle devices, or is that something locked down by Thunder Beast? I know Lantac makes ASR mounts for SilencerCo and there are multiple that make the plan B/cherry bomb style. Area419 has their Hellfire system if I convert the suppressor over to it, but its not something I plan on running on a lot of hosts. I have a TBAC Magnus currently living on my 7mm PRC and have an Ultra9 being built for a 6mm Creedmoor I just built, but wanted to test the rifle out with the Magnus in the meantime. Its going to be a predator hunting rifle when its not a demo, so I want it to be as quiet as possible. I probably wont see the Ultra9 til Christmas or the new year with current lead times, so I'm exploring options.

OP
A

atrouth

FNG
I remembered seeing something like this a while back but couldnt remember who had it, thanks! Might have to go this route instead, would also give me a bit more versatility if I wanted to move it around later on. Right now I just run them on nearly dedicated rifles so I was using the CB mounts since I didnt need many of them. Didn't think they would become this scarce

OP
A

atrouth

FNG
Id just get a TBAC Cb mount and then you can throw your Magnus on there
I would like to, but when I reached out to TBAC they were on a 10-12 week backorder for the TBAC CB mounts and I cant find them in stock anywhere for 5/8-24. Found a few 1/2-28 but those wont work for what I need, so I am trying to find another option if there's one out there.

TEWONG

FNG
I have a like new Thunderbeast 30CB brake (5/8 x24) I would be willing to sell for $100 + shipping. It has <10 rounds shot through it. Was planning to go with a Ultra7 suppressor but ended up going a different route.

Shoot me a DM if you're interested.

Lawnboi

WKR
You should be able to find one on the used market.

I have a feeling Tbac is going to be behind for atleast the year. I’m guessing they sold a crap load of Magnus RR cans.

OP
A

atrouth

FNG
You should be able to find one on the used market.

I have a feeling Tbac is going to be behind for atleast the year. I’m guessing they sold a crap load of Magnus RR cans.
I was originally looking on the used market, from what I saw there wasnt much. Few posts in the past few months on here and some other forums and places, but most were gone as soon as they were posted up

I have a Ultra9 on order to be built, sounds like 6-9 months before thats complete, between their new RR cans and the current surge with all these fast approvals, its absolute chaos right now. Even Diligent Defense had a 6+ month lead time last I checked. Maybe we will get lucky and they will eventually become "common use" and just come off the NFA...

OP
A

atrouth

FNG
I have a like new Thunderbeast 30CB brake (5/8 x24) I would be willing to sell for $100 + shipping. It has <10 rounds shot through it. Was planning to go with a Ultra7 suppressor but ended up going a different route.

Shoot me a DM if you're interested.
I will once I am allowed to, I don't want to break any rules on here. I've been a member for a while, but mainly just do a lot of reading/research

Lawnboi

WKR
I was originally looking on the used market, from what I saw there wasnt much. Few posts in the past few months on here and some other forums and places, but most were gone as soon as they were posted up

I have a Ultra9 on order to be built, sounds like 6-9 months before thats complete, between their new RR cans and the current surge with all these fast approvals, its absolute chaos right now. Even Diligent Defense had a 6+ month lead time last I checked. Maybe we will get lucky and they will eventually become "common use" and just come off the NFA...

If they removed them as an nfa item we would be waiting longer from the manufacturer. I ordered a Magnus k rr back in February and it’s not expected till July.

I think they will be behind for a while. These rr cans I think are going to be a big deal for a lot of shooters.

I’m wondering if a lot of the brakes that are coming off the line are ending up allocated to in production suppressors. I’d assume they are constantly making brakes. Personally I’m a fan of the non timed brakes.

OP
A

atrouth

FNG
If they removed them as an nfa item we would be waiting longer from the manufacturer. I ordered a Magnus k rr back in February and it’s not expected till July.

I think they will be behind for a while. These rr cans I think are going to be a big deal for a lot of shooters.

I’m wondering if a lot of the brakes that are coming off the line are ending up allocated to in production suppressors. I’d assume they are constantly making brakes. Personally I’m a fan of the non timed brakes.
Possibly, but I think it would eventually settle out. When I was doing some digging the other day, there are already a lot of them out there. I think supply would eventually catch up, or demand would decrease a bit. I know quite a few people that jumped on board with the fast approvals, thinking it was a fluke and wouldnt last...now we are all waiting months for the manufacturers

Yea that part im not sure, or if the demand for brakes has increased because its now taking 6+ months to order a new suppressor. I definitely like the NTB, I was planning to try and pick another one up before realizing that was next to impossible.

OP
A

atrouth

FNG
Bringing this back to the top, aside from the DT option, anyone know of others making CB muzzle devices or places that might have a mount?

HGL

FNG
I've not seen an option other than the Hanson Bros, previoulsy mentioned. I have thought about going that route but I've been hesitant as supposedly the ports on the Tbac CB act as a "sacrificial" baffle for the can.

Also, for the "direct thread" option on a Tbac, pretty sure I read that all they do is red-loktite or rokset a CB into the can in the factory, which you could do yourself if need be, assuming you can source a CB.

I've got two Tbac CB that have been stellar, btw, but like you've seen they are MIA at the moment. The used market is likley the only immediate source.

OP
A

atrouth

FNG
I've not seen an option other than the Hanson Bros, previoulsy mentioned. I have thought about going that route but I've been hesitant as supposedly the ports on the Tbac CB act as a "sacrificial" baffle for the can.

Also, for the "direct thread" option on a Tbac, pretty sure I read that all they do is red-loktite or rokset a CB into the can in the factory, which you could do yourself if need be, assuming you can source a CB.

I've got two Tbac CB that have been stellar, btw, but like you've seen they are MIA at the moment. The used market is likley the only immediate source.
Yea thats honestly my only hesitance with the Hansohn DT mount, not having those as a sacrificial baffle and immediate direction of some of the gasses.

I also read the same about the CB mount DT option from TBAC, looking like I might have to break down the rocksett on my 7mm PRC and just use that NTB for the time being until I can luck upon a CB mount somewhere.

Reactions: HGL
We're currently looking into making CB muzzle brakes. I need 3 more of them for the can that @Msowa has for me, and they don't seem to be available anywhere.

Ideally we can make them work with the Pro Muzzle Brakes porting design and angle.

Ken
If you guys could go ahead and get that done in the next couple days it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I’ll take 4.