T3x Lite vs Roughtech

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
No they are not to my knowledge, I have one and just checked tikkas webpage for the various models to verify.
Yeah, the Tikka webpage isn't super helpful on identifying the base steels for their rifle. Just the color they happen to be.

NWBLKTAIL

FNG
That is true, when I purchased mine (tan roughtech) it was blued steel. I do see now they have some of the same base model that are offered in black cerakote but does not specify the base steel. So now Im left wondering the same as you.

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
That is true, when I purchased mine (tan roughtech) it was blued steel. I do see now they have some of the same base model that are offered in black cerakote but does not specify the base steel. So now Im left wondering the same as you.
Yup, its a conundrum. I mean, regardless they're superb rifles, without a doubt. I feel like I should just get a T3X Lite Stainless model in 6.5 and have it cut to 20" and threaded for a can and call it a day. I'd save a ton of money, and I could just rattle can the stock if I need it to be camo, which I really don't. I'll likely put it in a carbon fiber stock anyways. Time will tell.