Synunm for Bowtech Prodigy

huntskier

FNG
So I'm in the market for a portable bowpress. Been looking at nite hawk, bowmaster and synunm presses. I was leaning toward the synunm; contacted Lancaster Archery Supply as they were the only vendor I could find selling the synunm press. Their tech expert told me the press would not work on a bowtech prodigy. Doing some online research it looks like a synunm will work on a bowtech with Overdrive Binary Cams. I'm wondering if the tech at Lancaster was mistaken....am I missing something here? I also have a bowtech 340 destroyer and invasion so hoping a synunm will work on these as well.

Synunm Press.JPG

i use my synunm on my bowtech experience. its a great press thats quick and easy to use. i had the nighthawk and it was a pain to use and felt kinda sketchy. bowmaster takes a while too and i dont think you can use on past parallel anyways.

Brendan

WKR
I have a Synunm for my Hoyt. Just a couple warnings - for the defiant series I needed adapters, I think because of the past parallel nature of the limbs so it'd be safe (not needed for earlier Hoyts). Second issue - I needed to file / clearance the adapters because of the large cams on the turbo.

Not sure if the Prodigy is similar, but just because it works for one bow, doesn't necessarily mean it will be ok for others. Just make sure you do your due diligence.

Wellsdw

WKR
I can’t speak for any besides the Bow master. I have the adapters that go slight beyond parallel, but I don’t believe it will work on some of the newer BTs because of some brace things on the end of the limbs. Also just FYI a lot of manufacturers won’t warranty against portable presses ( I think bear does warranty) That said I have used my to tune and change strings on a lot of bows new and old

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Crappy screen shot but you can go to
https://s3.hoyt.com/uploads/manuals/59f36174ab6e7854405184.pdf
Its on page 8 or 9.
629d7b2269f430a612be7e516159e2a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Synumn and its awesome. Ive used it on all of my Primes AND my Hoyt Defiant Turbo. Now, the manual specifically says NOT to use it on the beyond parallel limbs, but it worked very well with my WAY BEYOND parallel defiant limbs. The only caveat is that you have to make sure to hold the limb clamps down firmly on the limbs while pressing and make sure the clamps are aligned straight on with the limbs or they can slip off. Its scary. Trust me. Or you can just buy the adapter for $100. I didn't and I personally wouldn't. Just be careful.