Sweating in down sleeping bag?

MattB

WKR
My guess is that, unless you are using it within 10 degrees or so of its stated temperature rating, you are using too much bag for the conditions. If that is the case (like if you are using it at 40 degrees), no wonder you get too hot. I have a 50 degree bag I use a lot in the early season for that reason.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
So many factors can play in to this. AS stated previous maybe you are using to much bag for the conditions you are using the bag for. What layers are you sleeping in? Is your tent being vented appropriate to the weather and heat from bodies inside of it? What sleeping mat are you using?

All of your gear is designed to work TOGETHER. The tent to keep you sheltered from the elements. Your sleeping mat to insulate you from the cold and/or warm ground underneath you, your base layers which are apart of achieving an EN rating for your sleeping bag, and finally the bag itself for the conditions you are using it in. Unless you are a cold sleeper, a +15 bag is probably a bit warm, especially being that you are asking about this in early September.

IMO down sucks unless it's really cold and super dry. I can never get comfy in down unless I can barely stay warm. I'm a cold sleeper and a sweater both, so I prefer highly breathable garments and sleeping bags. For me the Kifaru with Apex insulation and the Mountain Hardware Synthetic Lamina work great, I have multiple pieces of each and they all breathe really well.

4ester

WKR
Just unzip it. It’s not rocket science. On balmy nights unzip it all the way and use it as a blanket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk