Swarovski el

Can you beat the 10x42 el for 2000.00 looking to upgrade glass and trying to decide but 2000.00 what else you be recommend?

Wapiti151

WKR
That deal got me too. Couldn’t be happier so far. EL has been on top of the mountain for the last 25 years. NLs sound amazing, but $1200 more amazing? Heard great things on the victory SF and noctivid too. But again, $1000 better? Think you’re splitting hairs with all of them and it’s all user preference. Price got cut drastically on the EL…but it’s still the EL. I’d try and look through them all. I didn’t, but I’ve looked through a lot of swaro glass and knew I liked it.

My .02…and the conversation I had with myself a month ago.

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
Amazing glass. Just make sure to try them before buying. I was one of the unlucky people sensitive to the rolling ball effect while panning. I liked the still image and ergonomics of the EL better than my SLC, but sold them/kept my SLC’s because of it

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
Amazing glass. Just make sure to try them before buying. I was one of the unlucky people sensitive to the rolling ball effect while panning. I liked the still image and ergonomics of the EL better than my SLC, but sold them/kept my SLC’s because of it

I have one of the last EL's made before the field flatteners (2008). They are incredible. A friend of mine recently asked a longtime major optics dealer/hunter who sells/uses alpha optics, where he would rank EL's if SLC's were a "5" and NL's were a "10." His response was "9."

Last edited: