swarovski binoculars

TheHunt

FNG
I am looking for some pointers. I have a pair of Swarovski 10 X 42 which I love for archery hunting. But at 500 yards and greater it is hard to pick out the blacktail deer rack. I do a lot of glassing and I am thinking of picking up a higher power bino's with a new tripod to sit/stand while glassing for hours.

What do people use for high end glass and glassing?
Is 10X50 EL good enough or is there higher power?

littlebuf

Banned
I would say your better suited to pair them up with a spotting scope.

fatrascal

WKR
I suggest a 20x60x80 spotting scope or if you like something smaller you might look at the 50mm spotting scopes. 500 yards is quite a good distance to evaluate deer antlers, even if your using 15 power bino's. But with a good spotting scope you can see a fly on the magpie thats sitting on your deers back at 500 yards and still evaluate the antlers at 1,000 yards. fatrascal.

JNDEER

WKR
Are you taking low light hard to see the rack? I have zero issues with my slc hd seeing racks, he'll even was able to make out a two inch nub at 468 yards with 10 minutes of legal light left.

To my eyes, the 50mm Swarovski offers little improvement in most all conditions vs the 10x42.
I would want, at least, a 12x50 and, possibly, a 15x56 rather than another 10 power binocular.
If you meant 12x50 EL, that's not a bad choice.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheHunt

FNG
Spotting scopes... Which ones are the top 3 or 4 for looking at long range? I do like swarovski warrentee... What are the other top scopes that you use or dream of owning?

fatrascal

WKR
If money is no issue then look at swarovski, leica, zeiss and kowa. If it is an issue then look at vortex, leupold, minox and meopta(also used by cabelas and named euro). All are good choices. fatrascal.

OP
T

TheHunt

FNG
Money is not too much of an issue.

I want to be able to see in the low light mornings and evenings. I use it mostly for hunting and some long range shooting. I am having a rifle built to get into the 1,000+ yard shooting.

Last edited:

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Is size/weight an issue?

If not, the Swarovski ATX 85/95 and Kowa Prominar 25-60 WA X 88 are the best spotters available.

I would put the Meopta S2 in the same tier as the Swaro ATS 80HD and Diascope 85, and better value.

I don't have much experience with the Leica, but their eyepiece tops out at 50x.

The Vortex Razor 85 is still the best value going, IMO.

OP
T

TheHunt

FNG
Now I have to look at best prices for the Swarovski ATX 95...

What is a warranty for Kowa or Leica?