Swarovski binocular/range finder

OP
Rocky

Rocky

WKR
Just want to make sure that people were sure I was talking about the combo bino/range finder

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I considered getting one but didn't buy it due to some non-archery friendly design issues. What's your intended use - rifle or archery?

wapitibob

WKR
I had one in my hands the other day. Looked pretty good. I read Leica will bring out a combo unit at the SHOT show in Jan. but you might confirm that.

sab

Lil-Rokslider
I had the non-HD 10x42s. The glass was excellent, but the rangefinder was only adequate. I sold them and went with the new Swarovski EL Range. No major improvement in optics, but the rangefinder is much better, and it measures the incline angle, too. The drawback to the Swaros is the minimum range of 33yd. For a bow hunter, this may be annoying (I'm not a bow hunter).

Regards,
Scott

OR Archer

WKR
Leica has a new range finding binocular coming out in January per their FB page. Looks to be a lighter slimmer design.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Experience the beginning of a new era in laser rangefinding on 15 January 2013 according to their website. May be selling my Geovids for the newer and lighter design:)

OP
Rocky

Rocky

WKR
HellsCanyon I spoke to someone who said they were able to range a barge at over 2200 yards.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

WKR
The binos would be a significant upgrade from what I have now and it would be nice not to have to carry a range finder and binos. I'm an archery hunter but the 33 yard min doesn't bother me

dotman

WKR
Now I wouldn't buy any of them just cause I like my binos not having any electronic components but I have to agree the 33 yards and under aspect isn't a big deal for archery. With the performance of today's bows and actually practicing judging distances 0-40 yards should be easy to do, only time it would help is an extremely sharp sloop, this is why I like my little rf's. I just can't imagine putting full-size binos up to my eyes when an animal is 75 yards or closer.

Last edited: