Sold SWAROVSKI 8.5X42 EL WB BINOCULARS 8.5 X 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-TRAIN

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a pair of the original Swarovski EL 8.5x42 WB binoculars in excellent condition.
I also have the wing shaped eye cups, which also come with it.
I changed the eye cup covers, switched to Kahles for those, because I felt like the original was garbage.
Have the box, manual, and cloth also. Price is $1,400 T.Y.D. paypal.
Shipped UPS with signature required.

Info about binos from manufacturer:

Product Description​

The EL series revolutionized premium optics and has been the standard for excellence ever since. Regarded by many as the best binocular ever made. Clear edge-to-edge resolution, clarity and brightness make the EL the leader in premium binoculars. The EL binocular's revolutionary design creates both an ergonomically comfortable feel and lightweight performance.

Amazon.com​

Swarovski's EL 42 binoculars combine maximum functionality, innovation, and design, making them ideal for almost any situation. A multiple award-winner as the world's best binocular, the EL 42 boasts such features as a classic 42mm objective lens diameter and an outstanding diamond-bright optic, helping the binocular excel whether you're searching for birds in low-light conditions or zooming in on the cleanup hitter. The binocular also offers a legendary wraparound grip, which makes the EL 42 comfortable to use even with one hand. And users will love the EL 42's low weight and excellent balance, which make light work of long observation periods.

The premium EL 42 binocular boasts a sturdy magnesium housing that beautifully complements the sophisticated top-class optical system. Other features include a large, grooved focusing wheel for rapid focusing even with gloves; handy thumb rests; and an airtight, dustproof housing that's submersible in water up to 13 feet. The EL 42--which is nitrogen purged to prevent internal fogging--carries a lifetime warranty.

The EL 42 binoculars offer a 330-foot field of view at 1,000 yards.Specifications:
  • Magnification: 8.5x
  • Objective lens: 42mm
  • Exit pupil: 4.9mm
  • Exit pupil distance: 18mm
  • Field of view (distance): 390 feet @ 1,000 yards
  • Field of view (degrees): 7.4 degrees
  • Field of view with eyeglasses: 7.4 degrees
  • Subjective field of view, apparent: 62 degrees
  • Shortest focusing distance: 8 feet
  • Dioptric compensation: +/- 3 dpt
  • Interpupillary distance: 2.2 to 2.9 inches
  • Length: 6.5 inches
  • Width: 4.8 inches
  • Height: 2.5 inches
  • Weight: 28.9 ounces
  • Colors: Green
  • Snap shot adapter model: S3

• Warranty: Limited lifetime

• About Swarovski Optik
    Although founded in 1949, Swarovski Optik's roots actually trace all the way back to 1895, when Austrian Daniel Swarovski--who invented the world's first electric grinding machine for jewelry stones--established the family-owned Swarovski Crystal in the province of Tyrol. Since then, the name Swarovski has become synonymous worldwide with the clearest crystal, precision grinding, and a brilliant spirit of innovation, as the original enterprise continued branching out into additional lines of business.
    Swarovski Optik owes its rise to Wilhelm Swarovski, son of the original founder and an avid hobby astronomer, who decided to build his own improved binocular in 1935 at a mere 17 years of age. With access to the specialized glass production and finishing technologies already used to manufacture jewelry stones in his father's factory, Wilhelm managed to develop a novel prism fabrication and grinding process that he applied in constructing his first 6x30 binocular. Wilhelm went on to found Swarovski Optik KG in Absam, Tyrol, in 1949, thus laying the foundation for a sports optics company with a global reputation. His company's first serial product, the Habicht 7x42, is still an industry standard in the field of hunting optics and continues to be produced in the best tradition of its founder.
    20220213_132557.jpg20220213_132545.jpg

Peregrine1

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
My first alpha glass. These should come with a warning—do not buy if you don’t want to become a Swaro Junkie. I’d tried several sub-$1000 binos Leupold, Minox, Vortex but wasn’t til I owned this model that I truly felt like glassing all day long, others would give eye-fatigue, weren’t crystal clear edge-edge, not nearly as bright or wide in field of view.

Amazing glass. GLWS!
(Pic taken a few years back hovering old smartphone up to ocular on model just like these)

d159053ca30154d4845ac0fac751afaa.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brmtn

WKR
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Much like Peregrine1 these were one of my first alphas. And as he said, they set me on the Swaro path... I've owned at least 10 other Swaros since first buying these. They remain an excellent binocular today. Truly a benchmark in the evolution of roof prism binoculars. GLWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.