Swaro SLC 8x56 or 10x56

Want to pick up one of these models for the light performance hunting hogs and coyotes on cow pastures and hayfields. Here are my two questions:

I’m 51 years old will there be any light gathering difference with the 1.4 mm exit people difference between these two? If not I’d like to go with the 10x.

And, secondly, Opticstrade EU has this model substantially cheaper than I can buy it in the states. Just wondering if it is an older variation and not as updated? I will link that below

Kirk185

FNG
The maximum light gathering will be limited by the diameter of your pupils. As we get older the max dilation gets smaller. The 8x56 has a 7mm EP. If your eyes can dilate to 7mm then you will see the max light gathering the binos can deliver. On the other hand if your eyes are only dilating to 6mm then you will be limited to 6mm. Lots of info on average pupil size by age groups. You may want to try and measure it. Personally I'd go with the 10x at 5.6 mm EP I can take all that in no problem. 7mm though may be borderline for me.

Mojave

WKR
You can not order Swarovski from Optics Trade and have it shipped to the USA. There are products that do not have international sales agreements that they ship, Swarovski is not one of them.

I order from Optics Trade regularly, but you have to make sure it is a product that they can ship to the USA.

Another consideration will be eye relief.

The 8x56 will have substantially greater eye relief. 20mm or more.

I have 8x56 Minox and a 10x56 Zeiss. The Minox was $350, the Zeiss was $2500. I prefer the Minox because it does not have tunneling. I'd love to own a pair of 8x56 Swarovskis SLCs or Leica Geovids.

We are similar in age, if you are a glasses wearer I suggest heavily the 8x56.

OspreyZB

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the 10x56, but I own 8x56 and 15x56 SLC HDs. The 8x56 is like having night vision... Every binocular I compare side-by-side with it gets left in the dust in the pre-dawn/post-dusk. It also provides the most effortless, cleanest daytime view of any binocular I've ever looked through. I think it's the combination of AK prisms, massive exit pupils, and extremely long eye relief, among other factors, that make for such an enjoyable viewing experience. There's one for sale in the classifieds right now.

OP
Bezamaelee
No experience with the 10x56, but I own 8x56 and 15x56 SLC HDs. The 8x56 is like having night vision... Every binocular I compare side-by-side with it gets left in the dust in the pre-dawn/post-dusk. It also provides the most effortless, cleanest daytime view of any binocular I've ever looked through. I think it's the combination of AK prisms, massive exit pupils, and extremely long eye relief, among other factors, that make for such an enjoyable viewing experience. There's one for sale in the classifieds right now.

Thanks! I just sent a message to the seller.

OP
Bezamaelee

Osprey thanks for the lead. Just bought those 8x56’s.