Swaro NL Pure 10x42 or $3K Rifle Scope?

I’m a hunter but do belong to a long range gun club. I recreationally shoot long distance but not competitively.

I already have Leupold VX5HDs on my hunting rifles and a Zeiss Conquest V4 on my 7mm STW for shooting long range.

Im on the fence if I will get more value out of alpha binoculars for hunting or alpha glass rifle scope like ZCO.

I figured I will get to glass more and enjoy the alpha binos vs the rifle scope.

Thoughts?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Not even a choice. That’s a good rifle scope you have. Those are spectacular binoculars. And you (should) use them 1000x more on every hunt than the scope. I have 12x NL and I smile every time I look thru them.

Mojave

WKR
I would pick a 8x42 or 8x56 in an Alpha glass without a LRF.

If you are north of 45, and wear glasses I would pick the 8x56 in the best model you can find.

My top picks are 8x42, 8x56 and 10x50. Order depends on what model and make works better for you.

You have to find em before you shoot em. Get the binos. Hands down.
i very much agree, you are comparing something you look through hunting probably less than 1%(very important 1% however) vs something you may be looking through 20-80% of the time.

i'm in the majority camp (i think, haha) that doesn't care that much about the "glass" in my scope, as long as it holds zero (within reason of course) , i have never been in a scenario that my scope was a handicap shooting something.... good binos have completely changed how i hunt though, they have become both important, and fun to use vs using binos out of necessity.

if i can glass something up with my NL's, my scopes will not hinder me killing it.... initially finding/identifying critters is the hard part, shooting them usually isn't.

as much time as i spend behind binos, good ones are well worth the investment.

the one scenario that i remember it being challenging to see was a late morning blacktail buck tucked down on a little bench in a shade pocket, and i was glassing into the sun. at the time i was using 10x42 SLC's and the buck was only about 350yds below me and it took several minutes to confirm it was a deer period... about an hour later a little streak of sun worked across him and lit up his rack for a couple seconds, once i saw he was a good one, i got behind the gun and killed him (that was a vx-3) the glass in the scope was not the determining factor, the conditions were.