Swaro BTX Tripod Advice

BlaserLRH

FNG
Hello,

I need your advice in order to upgrade my current promaster CF tripod, which is about 2 lbs.

Maybe a short tripod for seated glassing will work in order to save some weight...

I'd like a Sirui, but don't know which model.

Besides I bought the Jim White2.0 pan head and it didn't impress me at all for $300+ I didn't like it. A new tripod head woud be nice trying to save as much weight as possible.

I will use the tripod with a swaro BTX 85mm, Zeiss Diascope and Binos

Thanks for your advice

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
I got the w 1204sk from cameraland and I like it quite a bit. Its pretty light, sturdy and the w is the weatherproof version.
I got it topped with the mini pan head. I dont hate it, but I also don't love it. Really hard to get it to semi lock. Its either loose or tight and not moving

Amasaback

FNG
I would suggest looking at it the peak design. It actually is 2.2 pounds for the carbon but that includes an integrated Head. It is more of a ball style head so not quite as fluid but still can be used that way. It is a brilliant product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best bet would be the Sirui T024SKVA5. It's carbon fiber, the legs weigh 1.76 Lbs and the VA5 head is, by far, the best fluid head in its price range
Normally $299.90, it's only $259.99 right now

Give me a call with any questions

Joel
516-217-1000

Atlas12

FNG
I would suggest looking at it the peak design. It actually is 2.2 pounds for the carbon but that includes an integrated Head. It is more of a ball style head so not quite as fluid but still can be used that way. It is a brilliant product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i was looking at it a while ago.
Seemed great on paper, but it’s short, the Center column is tiny, and its got some of the skinniest bottom sections I’ve ever seen on a tripod.
If he’s willing to get a short tripod for seated glassing, better to buy that, than a tripod you could never use at full extension for a BTX