Suppressor diameter and scope clearance...

Tod osier

WKR
I'm looking to buy a couple rifle suppressors in the next little bit, I want them to have hearing safe-ish recoil reduction for hunting rifles (recoil reduction being primary, but I'd prefer not have a brake due to the sound increase). I don't care if they are truly hearing safe, but better than a brake (and better than nothing). All my scopes are mounted low and are 42mm and under. I understand performance is related to volume, so length and diameter matters. I'm drawn to the short, light and fatter suppressors, which is why I'm asking this question.

What is the diameter where it becomes a problem for low mounted scopes? Does barrel length make a lot of difference (it seems like a long barrel would likely put the suppressor into the field of view more)? I'd have barrels 18 to 21 or so. I've had plenty of rifles in the past where the front sight post intruded into the view and it didn't bother me, but I'd rather not have a large intrusion by the suppressor.

Lawnboi

WKR
You will likely see the suppressor on low power, but I don’t think it’s a big deal unless your shooting under lights at night, that’s the only time I really noticed the glare off one.

I wouldn’t consider it an issue.

Lawnboi

WKR
So don't shy away from a fatty at all like a 6IX+ or Dominus? That is good news.

I wouldn’t. You’re looking at a 1.5” vs 1.8” diameter. You only have an extra .15” on those cans in your site picture, likely only at very low power.

I’d consider form factor for carrying around long before I considered it for the possibility of seeing it on the bottom 1/4 of my site picture.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
don't imagine it would be a problem either way, but doubt you would see it starting at 4-6x power.

6.5x284

WKR
I have a TBAC Ultra 5 on a 22" barrel (so both slim/short supressor and short barrel). I notice it on about 3-4 power. Not a big deal, but I do notice it.

prcwv

Lil-Rokslider
Idk why but I have 2 guns with 50mm scopes an are fairly close to barrel an can see suppressor at all. But on my 40mm scopes I raised them a little because of seeing it in scope