Suggestions for New Elk Hunting Packs

Slugz

WKR
Start with writing down the type of hunts you do now and may do in the future.
Then the tasks you want the pack to do.

As an example:

-We big game hunt North America ( moose to deer sized animals)
-We want while big game hunting to be able to switch from a light day pack to a 4000ish CI pack for spike outs.
-We also want the ability for elk and below sized game to get back to camp with at least a bone in cut at the knee rear quarter and grind / backstraps/ loins.
- We want that same pack to be downsized for day hikes/scouting trips/ turkey hunts.
-Lastly I want the same pack to easily rig down to a bare bones freighter that holds a nalgene bottle to haul meat only out.

A hand full of packs fit the bill as explained above. As others have said though fit to you while load carrying should be the deciding factor. Best to try a bunch on.
I've sold a lot of packs for a company while in the woods when I let someone try mine for a couple hundred yards :) I should get a kick back or freebie or something :)

wy_will

FNG
I have used a MR Metcalf for a long time. It has worked well, but I also didn’t know any better. Sometimes ignorance is nice.

Now that I have young kids, we bought a camper to take hunting and I have only needed a day pack. Just picked up a Kifaru duplex frame with the Stryker XL. Enough room for snacks and extra clothes without the bulk and it has a load shelf. I will probably buy a larger bag down the road for the occasional backpack trips. Kifaru is so versatile that it was hard to pass on. Plenty of spots to attach additional pouches for more room if needed, or stripped down for weight savings.