suggestions for lightweight 2 person tent.

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys. Looking for some suggestion as you guys know what is best and field proven. We always hunt from a base camp and often sleep in small camps up on the mountain. Last year we used tarp shelters, and they weren't bad, but this year I'd like to find a small lightweight tent that could fit in my pack and not be a big deal to carry around all day. Be nice for 2 people to be able to fit in there comfortably. Just a snug little shelter is what in looking for. Tarps seems to let in cold air and for sure water. Suggestions would be very appreciated! Thank you guys.

tarptents are pretty darn good for a 3 season lightweight tent. Reasonably priced too.
I had a double rainbow. It was tight for two people, but it is possible to sleep 2.
Hilleberg is great too. But its a heavier and more durable 4 season tent.
Depends on if you need a 3 or 4 season tent...

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nemo Dagger 2P or 3P, couple ounces heavier than the Copper Spur tents but a little more durable also. Thing I like about the Dagger tents is that they don't taper down in width at the foot end like the Copper Spur tents do. The 2P is 50" wide all the way down so it doesn't constrict your pads at the foot and put you up against the walls as much. Just a thought. The Copper Spurs will be recommended the most I think, and the Tarptent models are all really solid and reasonably priced. Customer service is excellent from all three brands. Then there's Hilleberg...buy once, cry once. Just a little heavier than the others but bombproof pretty much.

Pow

FNG
As I recall, the difference between the Fly Creek and Copper Spur is the Fly Creek exits at the head rather than the side, plus the Fly Creek is a little lighter. I have a Fly Creek UL3 for family back packing and I like the head exit if you have to get up in the middle of the night.

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of options here to research! Thanks guys! Will take more suggestions if someone else wants to chime in :)

jmez

WKR
Tarptent Cloudburst 3. Can be 3 season or 4 season depending on the pole set up. It is a large tent with 2 large vestibules and lighter than many 2 man tents.

husky390

WKR
I used the Marmot Tungsten 2 tent last year and am happy with it. Plenty of room for me, my pack, and my bow. To steal a phrase from another poster, you'd be "manspooning" if you were to fit two people in it but it can be done with gear stuffed in the vestibules. Just be sure to keep the vent open otherwise you'll run into condensation issues.

jm1607

WKR
The Copper Spur UL3 is probably the best all around lightweight 2-person tent there is, but made in China..

Some of the Nemo tents are made in the USA. Probably worth a 3-4oz weight penalty. I don't know the model line up currently..

Tarp Tents are also a good option and made in the USA, but not freestanding..

chmusar

FNG
As I am from across the pond I have a Terra Nova voyager superlight a 3-4 season tent 3.6lbs geodesic design and you can buy them in the US cheaper than the UK ,also just bought a hilleberg niak one thing about hilleberg if they say 2 people they mean it unlike some where you struggle to get 2 full size mats in