Success

cjdewese

WKR
That's a cool character bull coming from a non elk hunter. :)

I like seeing antlers, deer and elk, that just look a little different. We have a buck here where I live right now that is abnormally tall for this area that I am really trying to kill.

OP
CRJR45

CRJR45

WKR
Great shot!
Congrats!
Mark
OK , full disclosure , it was a lucky shot . Five cows came in and he was following . They got almost down wind and circled back , but the lead cow busted us . The guide put his binoculars on him and told me he was legal . The cows trotted off , but he hung back trying to spot us . I was facing to my right and he was on the left standing broadside . So I thought I'd see if I could get around to him before he left . I moved my shooting stick and Crossbow to line up , and the guide gave a cow call at the same time .
Right when I pulled the trigger , he started to his left , moving forward and spinning at the same time . If he had stayed still it would've been a double lung hit , but as it was , my arrow hit him at the last rib and traveled through his chest cavity on a angle and into the far shoulder , nicking his liver , but got one lung and through the heart . The arrow went through the far side off the rib cage and the broadhead broke off in his shoulder .
I just had Elk ribeye over rice , it was fantastic !