Subsonic Issues with Ruger PC9 Carbine 9mm

Montucky

WKR
Classified Approved
So I’ve been playing around with subsonic reloads for all my 9mm platforms & have had huge sucess with my new suppressor. However my Ruger PC9 takedown carbine will crack supersonic with my handloads that function beautifully in my AR9 pistol 7in bbl, as well as AR9 carbine 16in bbl. Does anyone out there have any advice or experience for subsonic suppressed handloading on this Ruger PC9 platform?

Example: yesterday I loaded 3 rounds of 147gr Berry’s plated with 2.0gr of Tite Group & it cracked my ears. My AR9s whisper that same bullet @ 2.9gr……..0F56DD08-ACF7-4981-8C7B-253AA7BB449F.jpeg

Rich M

WKR
i always think heavier bullets for subsonic. Did a google and not much luck for heavy 9mm bullets.

Most of my loads are about 4.5 gr of powder under 115 gr. Seems like 2 grains is very little.

Did you chrono the load? Speed of sound is what? 960 fps?

Sounds like PC9 is more effective at producing velocity than your AR?

Do you want to try 1.5 grains? Maybe put some cotton in there to keep powder near primer?

I havent tried to slow mine down but seems like a good idea for raccoons in the garbage kind of load. Great gun, a bit heavy but solid and proven design.