Stryker vs Mountain Rambler

With all of the hype over the strykers recently, why is there nor more love for the mountain rambler? I’ve had my rambler for a while, and actually forgot about it, i now have both strykers (about to post original in classifieds). I went through my bags the other day and found the rambler and thought “this could be my better than the stryker xl.”

Just wondering what everyone else thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some thought it might have been a little floppy and then there was some patent stuff maybe with another manufacturer. That said the Stryker paired with an eberlestock scabbard would be the end result. I have the scabbard and have strapped it on numerous kifaru packs. It does work best on the side though. I think the trick with the rambler and the eberlestock type packs with the scabbard is you can’t tighten the load too tight to the frame, otherwise you can’t get your rifle out. If you get if all packed right without too much weight it works. You almost need a rigid rectangle area for the scabbard to sit so you can tighten the pack so it’s doesn’t wobble but also be able to pull out your rifle. But then you are putting the weight of your pack out another 3-4 in (or however wide of a space you need for the rifle). Anyhow, beginning to ramble……

OP
G
I think some thought it might have been a little floppy and then there was some patent stuff maybe with another manufacturer. That said the Stryker paired with an eberlestock scabbard would be the end result. I have the scabbard and have strapped it on numerous kifaru packs. It does work best on the side though. I think the trick with the rambler and the eberlestock type packs with the scabbard is you can’t tighten the load too tight to the frame, otherwise you can’t get your rifle out. If you get if all packed right without too much weight it works. You almost need a rigid rectangle area for the scabbard to sit so you can tighten the pack so it’s doesn’t wobble but also be able to pull out your rifle. But then you are putting the weight of your pack out another 3-4 in (or however wide of a space you need for the rifle). Anyhow, beginning to ramble……

I’m probably not even gonna use the scabbard, mainly for bow hunting. I think with the scabbard it is a little lighter.

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
I had the rambler and used the rifle scabbard to hold my water bladder. Missed that option with the woodsman and just picked up a Stryker XL to remedy that.

I dont have any experience with the other pack but I have really been enjoying my stryker xl

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

With all of the hype over the strykers recently, why is there nor more love for the mountain rambler? I’ve had my rambler for a while, and actually forgot about it, i now have both strykers (about to post original in classifieds). I went through my bags the other day and found the rambler and thought “this could be my better than the stryker xl.”

Just wondering what everyone else thought.

That’s a cool day pack… I still prefer the Stryker xl, but not by a lot.

The mountain rambler has that same versatility that makes the Stryker xl such a useful bag.

Certainly some mountain rambler genetics in the Strykers