Struggling to find western hunting partners

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
I had plans to hunt Idaho with a friend and a few of his hometown friends. They all bailed for one excuse or another and I decided to go solo. Being in the mountains solo is awesome! Ended up doing it a few years since. Would be cool to go with someone else though as long as they have similar goals or wherewithal as yourself. Especially when it comes to having a partner to help call elk.

Marble

WKR
Any tips for a man with 2 toddler sons?
My son and daughters at 2 were super interested in what was going on. Coming home successful or not had lessons to be learned by all. At that time, I worked and my wife ran the house. So I always went. IMO there is no reason to stay home. I viewed it as being an example.

Just go. Nothing will ever be perfect. Things will never be aligned like the stars. And there isn't always a next time.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

After this years elk hunt I really would like to find an elk hunting partner. I honestly thought I gave myself a hernia packing out my elk last month on the 2nd to last load. On my last 2 elk pack outs a fell bad enough to make me question myself being out there alone. No cell service. Having help also gives you more options in my mind. I glassed areas that I thought could be good but then realized the difficulty of packing an elk out of there alone, especially if its warm out.

If you have the opportunity to hunt with someone new just be sure you are not depending on them for anything.

hobbes

WKR
You don't need a hunting partner that you have to convince or coerce to travel west for a hunt that will likely be a physical and mental challenge. They'll melt down as soon it's not a perfect hunt. Hunters that are all onboard with the trip are liable to flake on you once here but hunters that weren't fully onboard to start with will start backpedaling as soon as they see the mountains. Be happy you can leave those buddies at home.