Strategy question- Cow Elk above tree line (Archery)

On multiple scouting trips this year I've found groups of cow elk above tree line by a few hundred feet in elevation. It seems damn near impossible to get within bow range. How would you hunt them? I've never hunted elk above or at tree line. While I don't want to focus on a cow if the opportunity presents itself I would probably take it. The only strategy I can think of is to try a lost calf call and call one over or try and wait and see where they bed and hope it's down in the trees a little and meet them at first light.

ElkNut1

WKR
Contact buzz in a high energy fashion for 5-10 minutes non stop or enough to catch your breath a bit. This must be done with a great setup where you backoff until you cannot see them & they cannot see the source of the calling! They will show! If two of you, have a shooter placed where the elk come to the calling, distance between shooter & caller is dependent on terrain & cover. If solo, play both roles & move to a predetermined spot you've chosen & do not call from there! (20 to 40 yards)

P.S. It's common for elk to travel 200 yards to near a 1/2 mile to this type of calling!

ElkNut

OP
streetdoctor
Contact buzz in a high energy fashion for 5-10 minutes non stop or enough to catch your breath a bit. This must be done with a great setup where you backoff until you cannot see them & they cannot see the source of the calling! They will show! If two of you, have a shooter placed where the elk come to the calling, distance between shooter & caller is dependent on terrain & cover. If solo, play both roles & move to a predetermined spot you've chosen & do not call from there! (20 to 40 yards)

P.S. It's common for elk to travel 200 yards to near a 1/2 mile to this type of calling!

ElkNut
Thanks I'll give it a shot. Last year your sequence helped me connect with a bull on a solo hunt.