Stop scammers change your password.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Scammers are getting emails and PW from data breaches from other places. Like My Fitness pal, your bank, your credit card company, Amazon, credit score companies, iTunes, Google Play, etc...
I use different passwords for everything, and my RS password is 15 characters long. Last time I counted I think I was up to 49 different online passwords.

. But people are lazy and use the same Email and PW for everything.

I used to say this... and now I have about 60 different places that require unique passwords.. My best option was to have a universal strong password for tier 1 items like forums, then for tier 2 things like places that get billing or purchases have a different universal PW, then tier 3 (banks, healthcare) another universal pw

Its not tenable or realistic to have 60 unique PW unless you write them all down or have them autosaved....

I used to say this... and now I have about 60 different places that require unique passwords.. My best option was to have a universal strong password for tier 1 items like forums, then for tier 2 things like places that get billing or purchases have a different universal PW, then tier 3 (banks, healthcare) another universal pw

Its not tenable or realistic to have 60 unique PW unless you write them all down or have them autosaved....
Best thing is a password manager app with 2 factor authentication turned on. Just need to remember one password and have unique passwords for everything else. I have probably 60 unique passwords and no clue what they are. Just copy and paste from password manager.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

I agree, I use 1Password.com

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bumping this up! Also turning on the two step authentication helps too