Stop scammers change your password.

280Ackley

WKR
Is this just a suggestion or did the site get hacked and they hackers accessed our passwords?

I'm getting some weird login activity. I changed my password, but when I open rokslide in my web browser and go to login it says there is a security error. But then when i click on a forum thread such as this one I am suddenly logged in. Weird. It never did this before.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is this just a suggestion or did the site get hacked and they hackers accessed our passwords?
Just a suggestion that you should be changing your passwords to make yourself less vulnerable.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
If they can hack my current password, then they can certainly hack any new one I change it to........right?

They are not hacking Rokslide.

Scammers are getting emails and PW from data breaches from other places. Like My Fitness pal, your bank, your credit card company, Amazon, credit score companies, iTunes, Google Play, etc...

If you use a strong and different PW for each place that stores your email and password you generally won't have a problem. But people are lazy and use the same Email and PW for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
They are not hacking Rokslide.

Scammers are getting emails and PW from data breaches from other places. Like My Fitness pal, your bank, your credit card company, Amazon, credit score companies, iTunes, Google Play, etc...

If you use a strong and different PW for each place that stores your email and password you generally won't have a problem. But people are lazy and use the same Email and PW for everything.

Ryan, I am not real tech savvy. How to they know to come here after they get an email/PW from another place like iTunes? Is it totally random? Seems like tall odds to get an email/PW from a site like iTunes then head over to Rokslide to try it out. Is there a way they get data that tells them where else you frequent?

Ucsdryder

WKR
If you appreciate this Rokslide community you will take a moment and change your password for this site immediately.

Not changing your password leaves you open to having your account hacked and scamming other members of Rokslide.

Do your part Thank you
Agreed and if your account is hacked and someone gets scammed I hope you feel bad because it’s partly your fault! Change your password, use characters and numbers and make it hard to figure out.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan, I am not real tech savvy. How to they know to come here after they get an email/PW from another place like iTunes? Is it totally random? Seems like tall odds to get an email/PW from a site like iTunes then head over to Rokslide to try it out. Is there a way they get data that tells them where else you frequent?

Some are very tech savvy and take that breached info and use software to scan the internet for that email or username.