Stone Glacier X Curve Pinching Front of Hip

crmt

FNG
I recently purchased a sky 5900 with the X curve frame. It felt OK until I loaded it down with about 50 pounds and the medium belt put a ton of pressure on the front of my hip. The padding on the belt stops around the front of my hip. I tried the large belt and it feels better but I end up bottoming it out. Does anyone have a solution I’ve watched all the fitment videos from Stone glacier and can’t seem to eliminate the pressure point? I really want it to work I’m coming from mystery ranch and never had this problem. If I can’t get it adjusted, I may try EXO.

I recently purchased a sky 5900 with the X curve frame. It felt OK until I loaded it down with about 50 pounds and the medium belt put a ton of pressure on the front of my hip. The padding on the belt stops around the front of my hip. I tried the large belt and it feels better but I end up bottoming it out. Does anyone have a solution I’ve watched all the fitment videos from Stone glacier and can’t seem to eliminate the pressure point? I really want it to work I’m coming from mystery ranch and never had this problem. If I can’t get it adjusted, I may try EXO.
Have you called them?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
That pinching is likely you needing a bit more belt length.

Call them and ask for a medium-large belt between that you won’t bottom out.

OP
C

crmt

FNG
Have you called them?
Yeah I called them and they recommended shortening the torso but I’ve done that at all different lengths and it still pinches. I live a few hours away from their shop, so maybe I’ll swing in and show them what’s going on see if they can figure it out.

Have you tried playing with those two straps on the sides of the belt? Shortening the top one a bit? Have to do this with the pack off.

eoperator

WKR
I had the same problem with exo, my waist fit exactly between sizes. I changed brands problem solved.

OP
C

crmt

FNG
That pinching is likely you needing a bit more belt length.

Call them and ask for a medium-large belt between that you won’t bottom out.
I didn’t know they had a belt size between medium and large. I’ll have to give them a call and see if they can get me a belt in between sizes like that.

Sadler

WKR
I had this issue before. It was due to having the wrong belt size. Same thing happened with exo. They were both just a bit to small. Once I got the larger belt that pinch went away

OP
C

crmt

FNG
Are you wearing the pack too low?
I have the center stitching in line with the top of my hip. I have experimented with different heights and having a high up definitely helped. It’s more about where the belt stops on my hip I think.

SIR_34:16

FNG
I had the same issue when switching from MR to SG. Try shortening the top adjustment straps on the belt, and wear the belt higher on your hips. I wear mine with the buckle just below my belly button. When you add weight to the pack it will settle onto the hips. Pack fit will vary for everyone based on body shape. For reference, I'm 5'-9" 170 lbs.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I didn’t know they had a belt size between medium and large. I’ll have to give them a call and see if they can get me a belt in between sizes like that.
They have to build it special I believe, it isn’t something you just get off the website.

OldGrayJB

WKR
I have the Sky 5900 and the only pinching I've ever experienced was between the hip belt and my waist belt. I now make sure to tuck my shirt in when I'm wearing a waist belt. That solved the problem for me. I think that's why some guys prefer suspenders over a belt.