Stone Glacier Solo or 5900?

The whole SG team is great. Service is awesome and quality great. My wife and I both use the 3300. Love it and you will really enjoy yours too. Great choice.

I run the sky archer my self but I am a huge fan of the 5900 over the 3300 I would love to give you all my knowledge on why and what we have used and why it works. I could go on for pages about them but I will be honest I am a phone guy would rather talk back and forth and can get you answers fast if you have any give us a call and I would love to help you out on which one you would do best with.

Ok, guys...I’ve been combing the forums, searching the websites, and scrounging through catalogs. I think I’ve decided to go with a Stone Glacier pack as an upgrade this year. I have a MR pop-up 28 that I love for daytrips, but I’m looking for something that will carry a bit more, and still cut the weight down as much as possible. Looks like I can save 2+ pounds by going with one of these two SG packs as opposed to the MR Metcalf or Marshall (even with some accessories added in, such as camp pockets, etc...).

I think I have it narrowed down to the Solo or the 5900. I don’t anticipate more than 2-3 days pack in hunt. I may have to pack extra for kids at some point though. So, my question is: Which of these two do you think would be the better option? Why would you choose one over the other? Is there a third option that would be even better that I have overlooked?

I know there are a ton of posts about packs, but I’m looking for very specific info here. And, buying both bags is not an option. BTW, after visiting the showroom here in Bozeman, I think I have decided to go with the Evo Krux frame, rather than the X-curve. It seemed to fit better when I tried them on, it is over 1/2 pound lighter, and it is $30 cheaper!

Give me your best advice!

I went with the evo frame and the sky 6200 archer.. flat back evo is super nice. The whole setup is under 5 lbs. and with my day hunt early season setup will be 17 lbs plus I can blow it out if needed for some good over night hunting with my teenager... and it too compresses super close to your back..I’ve shown everyone I hangout with about it.. they are blown away how light it is...

Havent tried the 3300 but I can echo what everyone is saying about the 5900. I have the R3 5900 and it's constructed so you can sun without the brain and compress the bag into the size of about the 3300. For 7+ days you can extend the bag upwards and throw a brain on to fit plenty of gear.

Back