Stone Glacier Sky Solus 1P Double Review ***Updated 2/22/23***

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you leave the web truss/fly/tub all connected then just slide the poles in the same way you can with the full tent setup?
I didn’t specifically try that but I would say yes. I’ll try it this week before the tent gets packed away from this last trip. My only complaint with the web truss is when the poles want to go passed the loops rather than through them (if that makes sense?). When the tent is wet from repeated setup tear downs it’s especially bad about snagging.

sneaky

"DADDY"
In case it wasn’t already mentioned, wanted to point out that a lot of stone glacier tents seem to be mostly rebrandings of Slingfin tents. This one looks a lot to me like the Slingfin Hotbox though I’m sure there are some differences. https://www.slingfin.com/collections/all-tents/products/hotbox

Nothing wrong with that, and I don’t mean it as a criticism. And hey, this is apparently going for $100 less than the hotbox. Just pointing it out so folks know that there are very similar options in case they have difficulty finding one or the other, etc
SG specs different weight fly and body materials on theirs compared to the SlingFin tents. Different colorway as well. Everything else is the same dimensionally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Diwoochoo

FNG
Great review. I really like the design slingfin uses. Did stone Glacier CM to Slingfin for this tent?

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great review. I really like the design slingfin uses. Did stone Glacier CM to Slingfin for this tent?
It’s my understanding that SG has Slingfin make their tents but there are slight differences in materials between the two.

Diwoochoo

FNG
Sweet setup. Sling fin makes great stuff. I like the color choices for SG. Do they make more subdued colors as well?