Stone Glacier R3 series for hunting

Poboy

FNG
Anyone use the SG R3 frame and packs for hunting? What are the pros and cons over using the Krux or Xcurv with their hunting packs? From what I can tell it looks like the R3 may switch to load/haul mode a bit quicker and easier. Am I correct in assuming the R3 probably carries loads better as well? or do all SG frames carry the same?

I use an R3 3300, works great until I put serious weight in it. SG is sending me some more lumbar pad foam to hopefully correct the issue I'm having. 1st class customer service.

OP
P

Poboy

FNG
I use an R3 3300, works great until I put serious weight in it. SG is sending me some more lumbar pad foam to hopefully correct the issue I'm having. 1st class customer service.
If you don't mind me asking, what are you using the R3 3300 for? What made you go with that over the Xcurv or Krux frames? Trying to decide which one to go with, if any one in particular has an advantage or benefit over another. The issue your having with heavier loads, would you say its a design flaw or just with your pack?

If you don't mind me asking, what are you using the R3 3300 for?
Uhhhh, hunting
What made you go with that over the Xcurv or Krux frames?
Better accessories available.
The issue your having with heavier loads, would you say its a design flaw or just with your pack?
I think I need more substantial lumbar pad, SG customer service is addressing it currently.

IBen

WKR
Uhhhh, hunting

Better accessories available.

I think I need more substantial lumbar pad, SG customer service is addressing it currently.
Do you have a curved back? The xcurve stays should work in the R3.
I have the 5500. I haven’t used a Krux or Evo frame, but the R3 is very comfortable for me.
The r3 and krux have the same stays so they would feel identical assuming they’re using the same foam