Stone Glacier M7 Pant and Jacket Review, By Jake Potter

MthwSdmn

FNG
5’11” 200 lbs athletic and L top has worked perfect in both de havilland and m5. Both sleeves are a touch long.

People with both M7 and De Havilland - not withstanding the waterproofing - how do these jackets compare for warmth?

croben

Lil-Rokslider
5’11” 200 lbs athletic and L top has worked perfect in both de havilland and m5. Both sleeves are a touch long.

People with both M7 and De Havilland - not withstanding the waterproofing - how do these jackets compare for warmth?
I have both the M7 and De Havilland pants. The M7 is definitely warmer as it’s fleece lined.

CNewell46

FNG
Yeah you’d be hot. I used the M5 this year for early archery and it worked flawlessly. Modern deer and modern elk is when the M7 is really gonna shine for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fellow Washington hunter. Is the M7 too warm to hike in during October? Also I mostly still hunt and have to go through wet brush here on the west side. When on the east side I hike and glass.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Fellow Washington hunter. Is the M7 too warm to hike in during October? Also I mostly still hunt and have to go through wet brush here on the west side. When on the east side I hike and glass.
Literally wearing one through mist/clouds/rain today. Temp is low 40’s. Only reason why is I wanted the quieter shell to bow hunt with. M5 bottoms aren’t terribly loud though. Everything is soaked so really helps with morale and wind. That all said, it’s a shell and I’m moving slow to keep noise down today. Cranking uphill would certainly build some sweat.

I use mine as my standard outer layer over ambient hoody for rifle Oct-Nov, always windy….

CNewell46

FNG
Literally wearing one through mist/clouds/rain today. Temp is low 40’s. Only reason why is I wanted the quieter shell to bow hunt with. M5 bottoms aren’t terribly loud though. Everything is soaked so really helps with morale and wind. That all said, it’s a shell and I’m moving slow to keep noise down today. Cranking uphill would certainly build some sweat.

I use mine as my standard outer layer over ambient hoody for rifle Oct-Nov, always windy….
I probably wouldn’t be wearing it while I’m hiking up any kind of steep incline. I usually down to just a merino hoodie while I hike if it’s not raining or snowing

I'm also curious how the M7 jacket compares to the jetstream. I have the M7 and its super nice but noisy. The M7 is fully waterproof and windproof and I thought the jetstream was only water resistant. Thought of trading off my M7 for the Sitka if its quieter

I'm also curious how the M7 jacket compares to the jetstream. I have the M7 and its super nice but noisy. The M7 is fully waterproof and windproof and I thought the jetstream was only water resistant. Thought of trading off my M7 for the Sitka if its quieter

Like you i have found the ambient hoody works great with the m7, the kuiu 240 is awesome as well the m7 pants work better with some type of layer, even a silk weight. Takes a bit to get use to the m7 gear. I use much less layers for walking when it's cold out. I get cold very easily now. I had some medical crap come up now I just get cold the m7 gear has been a huge benefit for me, hunt hard my friend