Stone Glacier Evo 3300 / Solo Question

_Tyler_

FNG
Hello,

So I’m curious…. I’m looking at the Evo 3300 and saw the top external pocket is fairly large. I have a 15-45x65mm spotter from Athlon Optics that is fairly compact. I want to know if that spotter would fit in that exterior pocket. Anyone tried?

The solo pack seems to have the same external zipper pocket as well.

I want to make sure I can fit it before buying. I like the Krux/Evo 3300 combo due to the lightweight nature.

Thanks

It won’t fit in the top pocket but the new solo and evo come with a built in internal spotter pocket on the side of the bag and it’ll fit great

OP
T

_Tyler_

FNG
Yeah after some more research and thinking, the approach 2800 might be the right pack

Yeah depends how much you wanna stretch it out. You can do a few nights in the solo bag

I have a 3300 and an Athlon 65. The spotter will not fit in the top pocket.

Though I would say the 3300 is a super versatile pack. It is my go to for everything. I regularly compress down the bottom and use it for day hunts, and then can expand it and stuff it full and get 4 days or so out of it in September (your milage may vary depending on the volume of your camp/food/clothes)

You don't need a spotter pocket to carry a spotter, though everyone has a different philosophy to packing gear.

I guess the big question is besides carrying your spotter what do you intend to use the pack for? I personally feel for anything more than a overnight scouting trip the approach 2800 would be too small with a spotter. I use the 3300 for up to four day hunts and I have some pretty lightweight highly compressible items. I generally do not pack a spotter when hunting. I have multiple bags from SG but if I had to use only one it would be the Sky 5900. It holds enough for longer trips and also can be ran in bivy mode and compress down to almost nothing.

OP
T

_Tyler_

FNG
I primarily day hunt so that’s why I’m leaning toward the 2800