Stone glacier day pack

Looking for a day pack, the mystery ranch pop up 38 has my eye but I’m also looking for a comparable stone glacier. Unfortunealty I don’t have a shop close by to where I can get them, so I’m depending on the internet to help me with my decision

jdinville3

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a day pack, the mystery ranch pop up 38 has my eye but I’m also looking for a comparable stone glacier. Unfortunealty I don’t have a shop close by to where I can get them, so I’m depending on the internet to help me with my decision
Camofire linked below has a ton of Mystery ranch packs on sale today!

Camofire

JStol5

WKR
You can order directly from Stone Glacier or a place like GoHUNT. Approach 2800 is probably what you're looking for.

nobody

WKR
Stone Glacier Solo is what you're looking for. About 3600 cubic inches, it's plenty big enough for a few nights in the backcountry but can be compressed to use for day trips too. Don't be short sighted, buy a pack that can "do it all" and has enough space no matter what type of hunt you'll do (within reason).

Having owned both Mystery Ranch as well as 2 different Stone Glaciers, I'll tell you there's a HUGE difference in build quality and performance. I currently use the SG Evo 40/56 on an X Curve Frame with straight frame stays, and couldn't sell my Mystery Ranch fast enough.

Call up Stone Glacier and tell them what you wanna do and they can put together a package for you that you'll love!

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet...

JStol5

WKR
Stone Glacier Solo is what you're looking for. About 3600 cubic inches, it's plenty big enough for a few nights in the backcountry but can be compressed to use for day trips too. Don't be short sighted, buy a pack that can "do it all" and has enough space no matter what type of hunt you'll do (within reason).

Having owned both Mystery Ranch as well as 2 different Stone Glaciers, I'll tell you there's a HUGE difference in build quality and performance. I currently use the SG Evo 40/56 on an X Curve Frame with straight frame stays, and couldn't sell my Mystery Ranch fast enough.

Call up Stone Glacier and tell them what you wanna do and they can put together a package for you that you'll love!

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet...
I went from a MR Sawtooth 45 to a Solo 3600. Couldn’t believe how much more comfortable under load and light the SG was. Night and day.

Bearfunk

FNG
I think I would go with SG now over MR, even though they are more expensive, will pencil out in the long run.

rootacres

WKR
I have used both the Approach 2800 and Solo 3600. Both great packs. The 3600 for some day rips may be bigger than you need. The 2800 was great on my NM elk hunt. Just depends what pocket configuration you're going for. They are lightweight. Carry well when not loaded down and are obviously very handy if you're successful and need to get an animal out.

I’ve got an Avail 2200 which I use mostly when hound hunting and a Kiowa 3200 which I’ve used on a couple light pack outs. I found the Kiowa comfortable with 55 lbs.

I had a pop up and ditched it after one hunt. I couldn’t get comfortable in it with 8 lbs of basic gear and I was downright miserable with it with 45 lbs.

Dunky

WKR
Classified Approved
I put an exo 1800 on my stone glacier frame. Great day hunting pack.

BigVick04

FNG
Kiowa if you you want a small pack without a frame, if you already have a frame with a big bag then I’d go with the 3300 or 3600. Plenty of room to go out for a couple days and when it’s empty you can cinch it down to almost nothing.

Kiowa is pretty comfortable up to about 40-50lbs, 3300/3600 on a frame is good for 100+lbs