Sold Stockys CF stock for Savage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Before I return this to Stockys (they are going to charge me a 10% restock fee) I thought I'd see if anyone wants me to pass the savings on to them. If you buy this new and they ship it to you, it will cost you $598.

I'll mail it to you for $500 just so I don't have to drive to the UPS store. :D

This stock weighs 21 oz. No bottom metal/plastic included.

Let me know this week.

Attachments

• AA87CAB6-E418-4011-AB99-122D0936F202.jpeg
    AA87CAB6-E418-4011-AB99-122D0936F202.jpeg
    637 KB · Views: 85

PaulieNY

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
What are the fit specs here? I’m guessing short action? Because I have not seen them produce a long action stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Pair this with that 6.5 CM barreled action and the factory Ultralight bottom plastic and magazine and you have a 5 lb. 12 oz. rifle with a threaded 22" CF barrel.
What are the fit specs here? I’m guessing short action? Because I have not seen them produce a long action stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes. Sorry good question. Short action bottom bolt release

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Why are you returning/selling it?
Not happy with the shape of the grip area and the camo finish is very slick in my hands. Thought about repainting it with textured paint (like I do to a lot of my stocks) but that still wouldn't change the shape of the grip area and I shouldn't have to do anything to a $600 stock IMO. I don't believe in paying a premium price for something and not getting exactly what I want. The next person might love it. Stock fit is very individual.

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not happy with the shape of the grip area and the camo finish is very slick in my hands. Thought about repainting it with textured paint (like I do to a lot of my stocks) but that still wouldn't change the shape of the grip area and I shouldn't have to do anything to a $600 stock IMO. I don't believe in paying a premium price for something and not getting exactly what I want. The next person might love it. Stock fit is very individual.
I have a bunch of savages with mediocre stocks. I’ve been looking at these and the new Mesa CF stock for the savage. I’m partial to some palm swell myself. I think I’ll wait on a Mesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.