Stiffer boots for wide feet

Love my kennetrek mountain extremes for normal hunting conditions but I did (and am doing another) coastal goat hunt where it was wet the whole time and when my boots got wet, I felt they didnt have as much support. What is a good suggestion for a bit of a stiffer boot thats good for someone with wide feet (EE).

Wags

WKR
I've been happy with my Crispi Nevada's in Wide. I've used them a full season for Deer, Goats and Ducks. Not to mention hiking and so on. They are the driest boot I've owned, so no issues there for me. I've had no issue with the toe box or support. If anything they may have too much ankle support for me.

gelton

WKR
I have the Meindl Comfort Fit Extremes in a wide, but from everything I have heard about Kennetreks is that they are pretty stiff so I don't know that the comfort fits would be stiffer.

I have heard that Scarpa has a few options that are really stiff but I am not sure that they offer them in a wide.

tttoadman

WKR
I have these for my extreme weather.

La Sportiva Nepal EVO GTX Mountaineering Boot - Men's​

They are extremely stiff. I wear EE and I just sized up a number and these fit me fine with my heavy socks.

For reference, I wear these sizes.
Lowa Tibets 12W these are a little tight
Crispi Colorado 12W greatest fit ever for me
La Sportiva Nepal size 47(13) plenty of room

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Love my kennetrek mountain extremes for normal hunting conditions but I did (and am doing another) coastal goat hunt where it was wet the whole time and when my boots got wet, I felt they didnt have as much support. What is a good suggestion for a bit of a stiffer boot thats good for someone with wide feet (EE).
Our Granite and Beartooth boots are available in wide. The Granite being the stiffer of the 2.

- Matt

kcm2

WKR
My Zamberlans are quite nice...966 I think.

However, I also have an older pair of Han Wags that were great, too.

Lathrop and Sons can help you. I'm a 9.5 4E so yes, finding good boots that actually fit is not as easy as for others.

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I would suggest you consider the Schnee Granite II’s. I have one very bad ankle from an old injury and bought a pair. They have incredible support!

Jimss

WKR
Crispi work great! I would also suggest Lowa Tibets. Some soles may be a little better than others on slick, steep terrain. I felt like I was on stilts with Kennetrek Extremes and the Tibets feel a lot more stable on steep, terrain. I don't like stiff, heavy, tall boots....but that's just me!

I second the Kenetreks feeling like you're on stilts. I'm right on the border of needing a wide boot. Went with regular width Kenetreks and they are way too narrow. Hoping to move on to a wide set of Schnees to see if that resolves my issues.

Look at the Zamberlan 2092s. I'm able to fit into these with wider feet. I'm like an EE. I did go a half sizer bigger to fit my Sheepfeet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi work great! I would also suggest Lowa Tibets. Some soles may be a little better than others on slick, steep terrain. I felt like I was on stilts with Kennetrek Extremes and the Tibets feel a lot more stable on steep, terrain. I don't like stiff, heavy, tall boots....but that's just me!
From my experience, Lowa Tibets are quite stable and the shanks are stiff enough for all but the roughest terrain, plus the soles are quite grippy for most conditions. I've had some grueling, heavy pack-outs over 10 miles and my feet were happy as could be in Tibets... my legs were another story. The only thing I would like is a bit more lateral ankle support for side-hilling with a heavy pack, especially when the leather is water-saturated.

My feet are a VERY wide size 9 and the wide Tibets fit like slippers with very little break-in needed. My boots are on their fifth season.

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Lowa Tibet GTX's are an awesome boot too. I have a pair and have just about worn the soles off after much use.