Steiner Predator 8 2-16x42 Experience?

This scope has my attention, but I haven't been able to run across much firsthand experience. I am using the Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42 right now, which is a very reliable scope for a great price. However, the Trijicon reticle is a little fine for my old eyes and I'm not a huge fan of how the entire reticle lights up. I'm a big fan of a single red dot, and the Steiner E3 reticle looks like it may check some boxes.

Any firsthand experience with the Predator 8 2-16x42? Or any other general experience with Steiner scopes?

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I tried a Steiner once and it didn't agree with my eyes. Then when I sold it I took a big loss because not a real big following. Burris uses the same E3 reticle in their scopes, and some have an illuminated center.

Boon321

FNG
This scope has my attention, but I haven't been able to run across much firsthand experience. I am using the Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42 right now, which is a very reliable scope for a great price. However, the Trijicon reticle is a little fine for my old eyes and I'm not a huge fan of how the entire reticle lights up. I'm a big fan of a single red dot, and the Steiner E3 reticle looks like it may check some boxes.

Any firsthand experience with the Predator 8 2-16x42? Or any other general experience with Steiner scopes?
I am in the same boat. I saw the price about 1k off on optics planet and was interested. Did you get this scope or what did you decide upon?

OP
S
I am in the same boat. I saw the price about 1k off on optics planet and was interested. Did you get this scope or what did you decide upon?
I still use the credo. Waiting to see what shot show brings in terms of new scopes. Credo has served me very well, though. Super reliable