Stabilizer recommendations

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a VXR 28 during the lock down and hope it comes in soon so I’m searching for accessories. I’m ordering a hamskea rest and have a black gold sight already. I’m needing help on a stabilizer. I’m also thinking of trying a back bar and that’s where I really need the help. What exactly should I be looking for because I’ve never used one before. 95% of my hunts will be from a tree stand if that helps any.

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Really need to try one or five first and play with weights. Stabilizers are so personal.

I could be wrong but doesn’t matter to much on brand of stabilizers when they are super short like you will most likely run as a back bar.

nphunter

WKR
First of I don't feel like anything under 10" does anything at all unless it's super heavy. I have always used a 9" fuse carbon blade in the past and found myself leaving it in the case more than I used it. Longer stabs definitely make a difference but suck to hunt with IMO, I have a 10" Hoyt BHFS stab but it has an 11oz weight out on the end and when I put it on I feel like my pin gets stuck in place, it's great for a few shots and it definitely shrinks my groups but there is no way I could hunt with that much weight out front.

I currently have a 10" carbon blade with a 4" extension that only weighs a few oz and is 14" long and I can notice a decent gain with it, I personally wouldn't use it for hunting though. I ordered a cross roads archery 8-21" extendable stabilizer I plan on trying out, I will keep it slid in for most of my shots and extend it out for long-distance shots. I'm excited to try it out, seems like a good concept being able to pack it around or up and down a tree at 8" and extend it out for longer shots.

406unltd

WKR
I run an old style 10” bee stinger. If I buy a new one it will be either a micro hex beestinger 10 or 12” or a crossroads archery 10-17”