St Vincent island ferry or shuttle?

Hey guys Son and I drew Whitetail tags for Jan 2024 muzzleloader. I live in Virgina, and he is Air Force stationed in Georgia. Really using this trip to scout area and look for the pit falls of future trip for Sambar. Any information would be great. Like say equipment list, shuttle service or to boat, weather, Which campground, Boat ramps ETC. Thank you in advance.

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys Son and I drew Whitetail tags for Jan 2024 muzzleloader. I live in Virgina, and he is Air Force stationed in Georgia. Really using this trip to scout area and look for the pit falls of future trip for Sambar. Any information would be great. Like say equipment list, shuttle service or to boat, weather, Which campground, Boat ramps ETC. Thank you in advance.

We got a ferry from a fishing charter to the island. He takes off out of apalachiloa. About a 30 min ride to the island. We stayed on the east side of the island. I recommend snake boots or at least minimum calf high boots. Lots of snakes. Lots of guys took over e bikes to the island. There is a place in apalachiloa that rents out e bikes. Weather wasn't bad there low of 40s high in 70s during our hunt last year.

John Sapp - 1 850 323 0947

Him and his sons will ferry you to the island and back for about 200$

Rich M

WKR
Some are whining about rules that have been in place for ever it seems.

You can only camp on east end in approved areas. You only hunt certain hours and areas fir sambars.
Lotsa rattlesnakes
Some wt deer

Some fishing guides will shuttle you over

It’s a unique and fun time. Enjoy it as such and bring a fish pole, planty of sea trout and a few reds around.