Squeaky Wiser Quick Stix

Poser

WKR
My Quck Stix adapters started squeaking quite a bit when rotating through connection, adjustment and disconnection.
I had a can of silicon lubricant in my truck so I applied some to both the female and male adapters assuming that would clear the problem up. The squeaking intensified considerably! They are redicoulsy loud now.

Any experience with this? I have a tube of M1 Garand grease laying around -thinking I might just apply a little grease unless someone has a better solution.

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the same problem and was reminded of it on Saturday when I busted out my sticks coming off a ridgeline elk scouting.

Just tried a generous amount of dry graphite, no improvement.

Then a couple squirts of Hornady One-shot case lube (because why not try another case lube) and that seems to have solved it for now.

My Quck Stix adapters started squeaking quite a bit when rotating through connection, adjustment and disconnection.
I had a can of silicon lubricant in my truck so I applied some to both the female and male adapters assuming that would clear the problem up. The squeaking intensified considerably! They are redicoulsy loud now.

Any experience with this? I have a tube of M1 Garand grease laying around -thinking I might just apply a little grease unless someone has a better solution.

Send them a message. He’ll send you a little packet of lube. I believe it’s some sort of silicone but I don’t really know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gman82001

WKR

Of course I just saw these and ordered them this weekend lol…. I guess I should ask how everyone likes them other than the squeaking issues?

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Of course I just saw these and ordered them this weekend lol…. I guess I should ask how everyone likes them other than the squeaking issues?

I've been shooting off of these without the quickclip adapter quite a bit this summer and its a fantastic tool and I've made 500+ yard shots using them + my pack for a rear bag. I did recently get the adapter in, but haven't installed the rail to mount them -hope to have that to experiment with this weekend.

I've had the quick stix on my poles for about a year and they just started squeaking. Seems like a potentially easy fix as the rotation is just plastic on plastic, but I'm still confused as to why silicon lubricant intensified the noise.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Update: silicon did work, it just needed to dry. While it was still wet, the squeaking was intensified.

I think it just depends on how dusty your environment is. I’ve had mine for a few years and only had them start squeaking when dumped in the dirt a bunch

OP
P

Poser

WKR
I think it just depends on how dusty your environment is. I’ve had mine for a few years and only had them start squeaking when dumped in the dirt a bunch

They definitely got kicked around in the dirt a bit this weekend. I was setting up a shot while seated on a steep slope and sticks went sliding down the hill.