Spring Bear Hunt?

I'll likely be hunting the breaks of the snake for spring bear. Though I already have one hide in the freezer and not really looking forward to another! Can't get too excited about bears for some reason...

Mike

Wrongside

WKR
Hope to get out a bunch looking for a colour phase or a real pig. I love the spring hunt!

Floorguy

WKR
what kind of price are you looking at for the water taxi? I'm interested just don't know about how work is going to be.

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
Hope to get out a bunch looking for a colour phase or a real pig. I love the spring hunt!

Hopefully we can find another one like this, just bigger :D

Untitled.jpg

OR Archer

WKR
Ill apply for my spring bear tag. I have a good chance of drawing it this year. Wont be any of the general season tags left by the time the draw comes out so I'm stuck in the draw system if Im going to hunt.

All of you Cali guys who want to spring bear hunt you can head up here to Oregon. We need a lot of bears killed. Not hard to find them here. SW Oregon is OTC now but there is a limit on tags.

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Ill apply for my spring bear tag. I have a good chance of drawing it this year. Wont be any of the general season tags left by the time the draw comes out so I'm stuck in the draw system if Im going to hunt.

All of you Cali guys who want to spring bear hunt you can head up here to Oregon. We need a lot of bears killed. Not hard to find them here. SW Oregon is OTC now but there is a limit on tags.

Tempting!

Got my first wyoming bear last year in the spring. This year I am going to try and stick one with my bow. But I don't think I can beat last years 15 min on a bait for the first time in my life. Haha

If you came out to Idaho for a weekend in May to set a bait, baited it super heavy, maybe two sites and then came back 7-10 days later I'd bet you lunch and a beer that you'd have bears on it. Pretty much anywhere in Idaho! I can't wait for bear season to get started!

If you'd like more information on some places in Idaho, let me know and I might be able to point you in the right direction. Bottom line, it wouldn't be all that hard or unrealistic for the scenario I listed above to pan out, if you have the time and can locate the bait.

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
I always get out and enjoy the spring weather glassing for bears here in Idaho. One of my favorite animals to pursue!!

I love spring bear hunting. Good time to get some good hiking in and you usually get to look over quite a few elk and mule deer before they move back up to their summer habitat. Northwest Montana has good bear hunting. Was fortunate enough to arrow this guy last year (spot and stalk).DSC00934.jpg

shanevg

WKR
I'll likely be hunting the breaks of the snake for spring bear. Though I already have one hide in the freezer and not really looking forward to another! Can't get too excited about bears for some reason...

Mike

If you can't get excited about shooting a bear yourself, I'll volunteer to drive over their and pull the trigger with you! I can't get enough bear hunting!

If you can't get excited about shooting a bear yourself, I'll volunteer to drive over their and pull the trigger with you! I can't get enough bear hunting!

Maybe Shane! I'm not sure how many tags we got to fill but its a long season and I'd be happy to head in with ya one weekend!

Mike

Jon Boy

WKR
Spring bear is one of the most fun hunts of the year! Everythings starting to green up and the weather starts getting nicer. Fly fishin in the early morning and bear hunting in the after noon, whats not to love!

shanevg

WKR
How does that spring bear taste? Do you guys prefer the spring or the fall bear meat?

All depends on what their eating. All the spring bear I've tasted have been great just because the meat is so lean and there is not a lot of crap in their body yet. Fall bears are completely hit and miss. A bear chowing down on garbage or grubs isn't the tastiest bear in my opinion. But a corn fed or a blueberry gorged bear tasts amazing!